BushMaster price vs new Ruger

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by Cornmonkey, Apr 19, 2010.

1. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Alright bow guy...

What brand of bow are you shooting? I'll just about bet I can find a picture on these here interenets somewhere of one like it that came to pieces in the shooter's hands.

No matter what the product, when you produce something in mass, one is bound to go bad eventually. That's the same for cars, cans of pop, phonebooks, bows, or guns. You act like every Ruger out there is a deathtrap when in reality they are a hundred plus year old company with a reputation for quality. You buddy's catastrophic malufnction sounds like either a case of user error (most likely), or ammo defect. Then, you want to bad mouth them for not fixing it, when they offered him a coupon that would fix it.

As far as the ruptured barrel killing someone- not likely. I suppose he could have his neck over the barrel and get a jugular cut from the shrapnel, but aside from a hurt hand/arm I don't know how it could have killed him.

2. itallushrt

itallushrt Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Getting a blumpkin
    Man, every time 2Speed post we get a little more and a little more of the real story. I have a feeling that in a page or two we'll find out that it was actually a Savage rifle and not a Ruger at all.

3. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Or that it wasn't really his buddy's, but his buddy seen a picture on the internet of a gun that had a bore sighter left in it.

4. 2speed

2speed 6 pointer

Apr 12, 2006
    Southeast KY ..
    No it was a ruger. Some guy at a gun store told him that even if he got a new barrel he would not shoot it, something else could be damaged.
    If it were my gun I would take it to ever Gun show ,Gun shop and show everyone that hunts... Wonder what ruger would think of that...O I shoot a Oneida Eagle,
    put some pictures on here if you can find them I would like to see them....

5. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I'm still not sure why you are so dead set on running down Ruger when it was obviously not their fault?

They even offered $400 toward the replacement of the barrel when it wasn't their fault.

Would you run down GM because somebody ran a red light and totalled your truck, but GM would not give you a new one? Maybe you could take it to car shows and tell everyone how bad Chevy's are. That would teach 'em.

6. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I suspect they'd think the same thing that the rest of us are thinking.

7. Cornmonkey

Cornmonkey 8 pointer

May 17, 2009
    east ky.
    Know anyone in east KY. area that carries them or could i go to Winchester and pick one up. That's over 2 bills diff. that would go toward a new site. I have old eyes. :) Reading this review i,am dang near sold on it. http://www.gunblast.com/Doublestar-762x39.htm

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  8. BigJ

BigJ Fawn

Nov 16, 2009
    Whitesburg,KY
    Im going tomorrow and pick mine up. I will let you know one day next we what I think about it. Its my 1st AR

9. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Pentail bought one a month or so ago.

10. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I sent him a pm with all the info on the one I picked up. I was very impressed. They are back in stock now.

11. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    For anyone looking to build an AR on a stripped lower... I just picked up an Aero Precision for $70 (actually less as it was a group buy) and it's superb. Great finish, nice clean machining... apparently they're a major OEM for Boeing, so they outta know what they're doing by now. I highly recommend 'em and kinda wish I'd gone that way instead of buying the Rock River stripped lower that I started with (not that there's anything wrong with the RRA, but the Aero has a better finish and it was about half the price.)

12. I've built about 10 DS lowers, 2 RRA, 1 DPMS...I prefer DS and I can get them for $100. Aero is supposed to be good for the price, I've heard of a few minor machining issues with pin hole diameters and things like that, but if I remember correctly the had good customer service. I looked at buying their 5 lower bundle of 80% lowers

13. massive horns

massive horns BBBC Members

Oct 21, 2002
    Kentucky
    You should be able to order it and have it shipped for sure..They are very well made guns. I have one.