Burglar Dead After Abortive Hart County Break-In

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by ky_bull, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    HORSE CAVE, Ky-- 60-year-old Texan Randall Clemens won't be stealing anything else, or trying to. His criminal career ended Sunday evening, shortly after being shot in the chest by a Horse Cave homeowner Clemens was trying to rob.

State troopers say Clemens got back in his stolen truck to flee the Flint Ridge Road house, but only managed to make it several hundred yards, before pulling over in a gravel lot and dying. The official state autopsy rules his cause of death to be that gunshot wound.

KSP says, however, Clemens' previous criminal record is part of the investigation, a probe which is still open. Trooper Jonathan Biven says while criminal charges against the homeowner aren't anticipated, that decision will be left up to the Hart County grand jury.

Read more: http://www.kentuckynewsnetwork.com/...ml?feed=393284&article=10289080#ixzz21bLTTRzy

2. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Bled to death from a gunshot? That's dying of natural causes is it not?

3. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    1 thief down a couple more million to go. The best kind of criminal is a dead one.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    RIP, you got what you asked for, and deserved IMO. Prayers for the remaining family, and hope the shooter isn't feeling much remorse for protecting his home.

5. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    RIP? Rot in Pieces? sounds to me like this sorry POS lived a life of crime and got what he deserved, but probably about 40 years to late for most of his victims taste. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
  7. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Yeah, it automatically poped up there when I copied and paste, noticed it after posting. Lol, that topix is full of useful information isnt it?

8. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    I was hoping we could learn caliber fo gun used, where the scumbag got hit, what kind of rap sheet ol boy had, and why he was in Horse Cave.

Don't bring a crowbar to a gunfight.

9. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

The Hart County GJ might pat the homeowner on the back with accolades knowing Hart Co. Hart County or Flint Hill is not easy pickings for home invasion or theft. Will ask about this, sounds interesting. Thanks bull.

10. I work in the area and have told several patients I'll wait for them to answer the door before entering their house. Had a patient jokingly tell me to quit knocking on his door and just come in and yell for him, I told him not a chance after his neighbor proves why I don't just walk in. He laughed, then told me he guessed I had a point as he pointed to his recliner that had a 18" barreled 12g SxS sitting against it haha

11. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Best post I've seen yet lol..Love the old timers.. My mama lived in Morgan county and every year when we got a new crew of workers for the tobacco she would take out her .38 special and hit a can about 35 yards up the hill. Not just once or twice but empty her revolver. She could have outshot Doc Holiday.

12. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    "60-year-old Texan Randall Clemens won't be stealing anything else, or trying to" - Best opening article statement I've read in a long time.