Burgers

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
For beef burgers I usually grill them. For deer I usually mix in some frozen diced onions and cook them on a cast iron skillet with a tiny bit of bacon fat. In my experience using frozen onions keeps them from drying out much better then fresh ones.

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
And interesting take on homegrown burger (freezer beef). Is to take 2lb burger a packet of ranch dressing and add a little wetness from Allegro or Worcestershire. Patty & grill burgers 5-5-3 @ 400+. Add a slice of sargento's smoke cheddar.
A toasted bun , grill onions and dusseldorf mustard.

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
Drake on that Tartare. Warm clean inner loin from a fresh deer. Chunk add to food processor, good grind of quality salt (Himalayan) and black pepper (Tellicherry). Equal splash of good olive oil and red wine vinegar. Pulse to desired chop. Add to a saran wrap lined bowl. Cool in fridge. Serve on a plate like a cheese ball with lemon wedges and fancy crackers

invasion36

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2013
Kenton Co
I always use the Lipton ( or Kroger brand) beefy onion soup mix, 1 egg and a splash of dales for 2-3 lbs of burger. Before my blackstone, I always grilled but now I roll into balls and then smash flat. The crust that forms is incredible and they do not shrink up as someone else also mentioned.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Drake on that Tartare. Warm clean inner loin from a fresh deer. Chunk add to food processor, good grind of quality salt (Himalayan) and black pepper (Tellicherry). Equal splash of good olive oil and red wine vinegar. Pulse to desired chop. Add to a saran wrap lined bowl. Cool in fridge. Serve on a plate like a cheese ball with lemon wedges and fancy crackers
Doesn't tartar have a raw egg on top?

bondhu

12 pointer
Jul 3, 2015
Battle Run
Don't know, didn't use a recipe. Called it tartar because we ate it raw. The ingredients used was the same I used for King Salmon on the Little Sue in Alaska. Called it Ceviche , only because the salmon was raw.

Latest posts