Bumble Bees

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bigbonner, Aug 3, 2020.

1. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    WD-40 will kill. used many a time. i wouldnt want to smoke, or chew any part of that tobacco, bees or not. since ya used some wasp spray. write it off as a loss in your tax's. any chance ya sell to BERLEY. :eek:

2. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I should have named this "My Lovely Bumble Bees"

The tobacco Is toast . It was some cigar tobacco that I grew . I was in a have to do or let them have the barn situation. I was tired of being attacked and if anyone was at the barn they were attacked to . They would come after you if you was within 50 ft of the nest. My brother was sitting with me at my barn and one stung him and he was a ways from the nest.

00noturkey likes this.
  3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Sucks. Maybe wrap the box in some cheesecloth or something next time? Or screen box... glad you evicted them though

4. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I did not expect this bunch to be so big . Until I was close to them I did not know they were even there.
    I cut and rolled some hay last week . I was raking and my son was rolling . I raked over two bunches of bumble bees in the ground.
    I hit one bunch and bees was all around me . I let another bunch settle down and raked right by them to get stung by one in the top of my head.
    Well lets say there is a small piece of unraked hay on my farm. They can have it.

5. redjackson

redjackson 6 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    Always hated raking through a ground bees nest. Old timers always said if you hold your breath they won't sting you. Id be 14 years old holding my breath in as high of a gear i could stand busting through them lol.

bigbonner likes this.