Buffalo Farm

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
LOL. This forum is so entertaining... I'm going over to hunt with DH13 next year. I haven't hunted waterfowl in 20+ years. He's killing the crap out of them... So many places to hunt around the Buffalo farm. Can't wait. Thanks again DH13!
Over 120 geese this year. I haven’t seen that many geese killed in all of my hunts combined.

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
No, same general area. Not going to reveal my exact spot on the internet. I am currently trying to get in touch with a guy named Mack Upchurch. A older gentleman I talked to at B&N in Baghdad on Saturday said he let's people hunt. Hopefully I can either get permission or lease that farm. You seemed to know a lot about the area. Do you know the Mr. Upchurch gentleman? If so, PM me, I would like to discuss it. Thank you
This is low.....even for you guys.

Big Snuff

6 pointer
Nov 25, 2018
North central ky
I’m told by someone that knows that isn’t true. Mack was home sick all day Saturday.

I didnt talk to Mack, I talked to an older gentleman that I did not catch his name.
He was sitting at a table drinking coffee and we struck up a conversation. He asked me about hunting and what type of game I was chasing. I guess he recognized my Sitka camo. I asked about potential landowners that may allow hunting in the area. This was the name of the man (mack) he told me about.

Big Snuff

6 pointer
Nov 25, 2018
North central ky
Over 120 geese this year. I haven’t seen that many geese killed in all of my hunts combined.
Screenshot_20200212-205320_Gallery.jpg

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I didnt talk to Mack, I talked to an older gentleman that I did not catch his name.
He was sitting at a table drinking coffee and we struck up a conversation. He asked me about hunting and what type of game I was chasing. I guess he recognized my Sitka camo. I asked about potential landowners that may allow hunting in the area. This was the name of the man (mack) he told me about.
You have a better chance of killing birds in Baghdad than you do on this farm in Bagdad... lol

Big Snuff

6 pointer
Nov 25, 2018
North central ky
Well, I guess I picked the right guy to hunt with next year. Selling that Sitka gear cheap?

If the winters around here don't get any colder then this one, then yes, I will be selling it cheap!

You are a lucky guy to have a friend like DH13. He must be the most prolific waterfowl hunter I have ever heard of. I assume his status and reputation is legendary in the area. I hope you and him have many successful days in the field.

He must be one hungry fella if he needs 120 plus geese to feed his family.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
If the winters around here don't get any colder then this one, then yes, I will be selling it cheap!

You are a lucky guy to have a friend like DH13. He must be the most prolific waterfowl hunter I have ever heard of. I assume his status and reputation is legendary in the area. I hope you and him have many successful days in the field.

He must be one hungry fella if he needs 120 plus geese to feed his family.
Reckon so. Be 200 if limits were higher.

Rod S.

8 pointer
Oct 20, 2004
Pewee Valley, Ky.
No, same general area. Not going to reveal my exact spot on the internet. I am currently trying to get in touch with a guy named Mack Upchurch. A older gentleman I talked to at B&N in Baghdad on Saturday said he let's people hunt. Hopefully I can either get permission or lease that farm. You seemed to know a lot about the area. Do you know the Mr. Upchurch gentleman? If so, PM me, I would like to discuss it. Thank you

Best way to get permission in the buffalo triangle is mingle with the breakfast crowd at Huck's across from Rural King. Don't wear Sitka gear, hat on backwards, or neck tats & your in.

Big Snuff

6 pointer
Nov 25, 2018
North central ky
Best way to get permission in the buffalo triangle is mingle with the breakfast crowd at Huck's across from Rural King. Don't wear Sitka gear, hat on backwards, or neck tats & your in.

Is Huck's a restuarant? I have never heard of Hucks. I assume it's a mom and pop type operation? I will look it up. I would assume it's a restaurant, if so 5 am open? It seems like most farmers are early risers. I will go check it out. You didnt specify which rural king, but I guess shelbyville would be the most obvious choice.

Thanks for the lead. I will wait and go after season closes since I have to work the next 2 mornings and Saturday is my next day off to hunt hunt. I dont want to use my last day of hunting to seek permission, those type activities can take place after the season closes.

Jan 9, 2020
Lockport
Is Huck's a restuarant? I have never heard of Hucks. I assume it's a mom and pop type operation? I will look it up. I would assume it's a restaurant, if so 5 am open? It seems like most farmers are early risers. I will go check it out. You didnt specify which rural king, but I guess shelbyville would be the most obvious choice.

Thanks for the lead. I will wait and go after season closes since I have to work the next 2 mornings and Saturday is my next day off to hunt hunt. I dont want to use my last day of hunting to seek permission, those type activities can take place after the season closes.

No need to scout and ask permission. You’ll find out everything you’ll need too know right here on the good ol PUBLIC Forum.

What’s entertaining is the juvenile behavior displayed by grown men and the reason the heritage and gentleman aspect of the sport is no longer valued.

Latest posts