Buffalo Farm

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by B.M. Barrelcooker, Feb 11, 2020.

1. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I think we need a new topic here.

Does anyone know anything about the buffalo farm ?

2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Not many Birds staying on it. But im killing Geese on the farm behind it. Geese staying mostly on the sod farm.

3. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Nope. What is the buffalo farm? Where is it located? What is buy in?

4. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Buffalo farm raise Buffalos to sell. At one time they had a restaurant that served Buffalo. Restaurant closed down. But they stilled raised Buffalos. Has several big lakes and good size ponds. Big lake and small pond on ky 43 Shelby county right by the road. Birds are usually coving those lakes. But not much this year. 4.5 million is the buy in price now. Gets you the WHOLE FARM.

WMAallDAY and Marsh CallUser like this.
  5. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    I thought DU paid for it?

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Sounds like a bison farm.

Tman6493 and Big Snuff like this.
  7. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    We used to go to the restaurant for Sunday dinner. They had a buffet and the chili (I got to fill my own bowl) and bison meatloaf was my favorite....good fixins too. I always thought it was a little pricey, but the food - and desserts - was good. I don't remember how much I tipped....

WMAallDAY and 1wildcatfan like this.
  8. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    Did you not learn your lesson talking about the buffalo farm? You got your hand slapped pretty hard last time.

Wampuscat and 1wildcatfan like this.
  9. Big Snuff

Big Snuff 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2018
    North central ky
    DH-13,

Thank you for bringing more attention to the Buffalo farm and posting the location on the internet for all the world to see. I just shelled out an obscene amount of cash to lease a spot close to the roost. Now your going to have every topwater from here to hazard banging on doors and trying to get in to places around it to hunt thanks to your internet publicity. I am sure the local guys that hunt around there will appreciate your efforts. Soon you will be on here talking about how you dont see any ducks or geese like you used to and how there is duck dynasty kids set up on every pond and field in the area. The best part is, you will only have yourself to blame. But hey, thanks for the tip. If it wasnt for you, I would still be hunting in Georgetown. But since you advertised the Buffalo farm on here me and my crew have pooled our resources and relocated. It's a great area and it's only a 35 minute drive from our other spot. Hopefully before it's over we will be able to lease a few of your spots out from under you. Thanks in advance!!

WMAallDAY and BootsOn27 like this.
  10. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Interwebs throwdown! Let's get it on!!

Btw what's a buffalo and duck got in common? Kinda like turkeys with cow $hit? o_O:D

B.M. Barrelcooker likes this.
  11. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    NOPE NO BODY SLAPPED ME. STILL HERE AINT I???

12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    GOOD LUCK TO YA.

BootsOn27 and B.M. Barrelcooker like this.
  13. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Did you get the Cropper school grounds, or church above the sod farm?? Everything else is tied up, dang internet.

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    LOL. This forum is so entertaining... I'm going over to hunt with DH13 next year. I haven't hunted waterfowl in 20+ years. He's killing the crap out of them... So many places to hunt around the Buffalo farm. Can't wait. Thanks again DH13!