Buckblaster Broadheads

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by bigkentuck7, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bigkentuck7

bigkentuck7 6 pointer

Aug 9, 2008
    west point ky
    [​IMG]

does anybody use these??
    what do u thing about them

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I've never used them but they look like overkill. Not sure why they would negate the flight stability of the expandable by adding the fixed blade. The cutting diameter of the fixed blade is trumped by the cut of the expandable. More of a cool looking eye catcher to snag a couple of gadget grabbing hunters. Seems like a gimic, but if you use them post a review. Have you seen any reviews on-line?

3. MercuryNewt

MercuryNewt 8 pointer

Jun 15, 2003
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    I've got to admit that when I first saw this pic, I thought it was a good Photoshop job, so I had to Google it. I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the fixed blades since I thought the whole point behind mechanicals was that they fly like a field point? :confused: If you've got a fixed blade up front, you might as well stick with that and get a decent inexpensive set of Muzzys or NAP Thunderheads. Just my opinion.

4. J-ROD

J-ROD Fawn

Oct 14, 2008
    Bowling Green
    I agree with Mudd and Merc, It looks like over kill and a set of a either really, fixed or mechanical would do the trick. Plus it looks like the blades would get hung up in somthing on the way through, Id much rather have smaller blades and pass through the animal than have it hang up. Just my opinion though.

5. turkey

turkey 10 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    Great for turkeys!

6. J-ROD

J-ROD Fawn

Oct 14, 2008
    Bowling Green
    lol I was thinking the same thing, kinda looks like a crossbred Guillotine!

7. turkey

turkey 10 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    With low pound these are great for turkeys they stay in the birds which is what you want. I promise you the ones I have killed have been mega hurting.

8. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    The worst of both worlds. Spend your money elsewhere.