buck vs doe

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by old gray face, Nov 26, 2009.

1. old gray face

old gray face Fawn

Nov 26, 2009
    nky
    anyone notice buck vs doe kill ratio this year vs past years. buck kills up a bunch. 55176 bucks 34745 doe. usually close to 50/50 in years past whats up.

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    People are starting to claim their buttons.

3. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Button bucks dont have to be checked in as bucks unless they have visable antlers showing.....

I believe this is just another indication of how devastating EHD was in 2007....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. ggodwin

ggodwin 10 pointer

Nov 16, 2009
    Boone County
    What does EHD standfor?

5. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005

Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease

6. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Well I think a lot of it has to do with people just not wanting to kill does. Almost everybody is rack hunting. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with that but we need to kill does to improve the herd. I think everybody should kill an doe atleast one before there buck. Jmo. Plus people don't eat them much any more jmo.

7. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    i wish pa would be like that. there is a slaughter of does going on here in the game commission opened it up terrible and there is far fewer deer. ive only been hunting for twelve years and hunting since i could legaly the age of 12 but the farm i used to hunt u could see 25+ deer in the first two days now you dont see that in the two week season. i see it as the hunter of ky really have a goal in mind and it is working great. to be in the top 7 with out any antler restrictions is incredible a top of the hat to the ky hunters. pa has antler restrictions of three on one side and the number of license sales is still dropping year after year and the moral across much not the whole but throught out much of state isnt the greatest.

8. 365archer

365archer Spike

Jan 23, 2008
    Elizabethtown Kentucky
    i may be wrong but i thought on the telecheck it asked if your buck had visible antlers or not. so you would still check it in as a buck but use your antlerless tag

9. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I was wondering about this when I looked at Tele-check this morning. The numbers may get a little closer together once the season ends. With archery and late muzzleloader some people may go to shooting does.

10. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Correct. Better information gathering.

11. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I still have a doe im gonna try to take once gun season is over. there are probably others out there that are going to do the same.

12. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Actually you are dead wrong! We have a good buck population cause we can only kill one and DO SHOOT lots of DOES.

Pa was known for shooting every buck that drew a breath. Want big bucks; shoot does and let the boys grow up.