buck vanishing from trail camera

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by James682, Sep 9, 2011.

1. James682

James682 Fawn

Sep 9, 2011
    i live in western kentucky on 32 acres of woods and premission to hunt on 100 acres of corn or bean field (depending on what year it is) and i have had deer out the wazoo on my trail cam eating corn and salt lick for about a week then out of no where this NICE classic white tail 8 point shows up gread mass great speard everything i get 3 pics of him (3 round burst) and now he is GONE whats the deal? and how can i get them back all the does and fawns seem to love the spot and are always there everyday same time this buck showed up at 2pm and was there for 3min then left and was gone so how can i get more bucks in that spot its 2 trails that have been cleared for atv riding with a patch of pine trees and THICK brush and baby tree's in it in them middle of the trail and also woods all the way around and if the deer think its safe enough to bring there fawns why wouldnt a buck? i was sitting in my stand watching them one day and the babys would play and i guess spar with each other cause thats what it looked like and both moms would sit and eat and lay down and watch them while the 2 fawns played so they must think its safe Picture 023.jpg monday sept 05 2011 048.jpg

2. Deadbuck

Deadbuck 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    He must have just been passing through the area. I also hunt western ky and have the same problem on our farm. Shot a nice 5 1/2 yr old buck last nov 13th, had only 1 pic of the deer on oct 3rd at 1am. Hopefully he will be back while you are on stand!!!

3. AnotherDeerHunter

AnotherDeerHunter 6 pointer

Dec 6, 2009
    Crittenden, KY
    There maybe a decent chance someone may have taken him out when he was on a different farm since its bow season. Hopefully that isn't the case and he comes back for ya.

4. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Might have found acorns dropping somewhere who knows

5. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Or someone else sprayed some cmere deer on an old mossy stump and he's eating it instead of corn :p

6. Jerod

Jerod 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2008
    KY
    he'll be back.Give it time

7. James682

James682 Fawn

Sep 9, 2011
    who knows

yeah i know i got a 10 point 6 year old buck last year opening day of rifle had NO pics of him at all rut just started i had a pick of a buck that looked like a button buck but had 2 horns not just 1 like a spike and alot of does then out of no where this 10 walks out the 6 or 8 im talking about was still in velvet looked like a young one as you see in the pics and i have the 2 does and there 1 fawn every day same time like clock work so who knows i have a MONSTER that pops in and out every once in awhile i mean HUGE first seen him he was a 10 this year a 12 pearl white rack 6x6 classic rack i am the onlyone besides my cousin that hunts on this road that i even know of most of the road is old timer's that farm i have a 100 acre field i have next door that i have rights to hunt on from the farmer thats known me my whole life so how can i get him back to my woods i live on edge of lyon and caldwell county

8. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    My guess is he has found acorns somewhere. I have noticed my pictures have dropped off a lot starting last week.

9. James682

James682 Fawn

Sep 9, 2011
    well the does and fawns havent moved at all they have corn thick brush to both sides acorn salt lick and crushed acorns from my yard whole apples off my trees i have so i mean what more could a deer want a waiter and a masion? lol and im just wondering if he is a roamer or somone got him with a bow im not a big bow hunter and dont like it so thats why i didnt take him when i got his pics

10. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    He's probably still there. Some mature bucks don't like having their picture took plus you probably left some scent in the area. I got one picture of a 141" eight pointer and that was the last time I ever got pics of him on that particular trail. Ended up getting him with a bow within 200 yds from where I got the picture.