Buck or Doe ???

bobkg3

Spike
Nov 2, 2014
So just wondering as I sat in the woods this wonderful morning.
I’ve harvested a big Doe on my Harlan county zone 4 deer permit allowing me a male and female or two female deer.

Now unbelievably to me, stands in front of me a descent six point buck hanging out with six doe’s. If I shoot him should I tag him as a doe because he truly doesn’t have desire or testosterone to do what the other boys do, even tho he was born with the boy parts he has always felt more sensitive and not interested in the guy things. Can I tag it as a doe ???

Rob

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 9, 2001
Murray, KY, USA.
Was he a yearling? If so, he's almost certainly one of those doe's offspring that she hasn't kicked out of the family unit yet. (She will disperse him when she come into estrus.). If you will leave the little guy alone but continue to hunt that same area, you will have a chance to harvest his granddaddy, who will be visiting that group of does when the rut kicks in.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
So just wondering as I sat in the woods this wonderful morning.
I’ve harvested a big Doe on my Harlan county zone 4 deer permit allowing me a male and female or two female deer.

Now unbelievably to me, stands in front of me a descent six point buck hanging out with six doe’s. If I shoot him should I tag him as a doe because he truly doesn’t have desire or testosterone to do what the other boys do, even tho he was born with the boy parts he has always felt more sensitive and not interested in the guy things. Can I tag it as a doe ???
Yes. Definitely tag him as a doe. Just be sure to let the game warden know what you did. I’m sure they will be happy to issue another buck tag.

Latest posts