Breaking in the Shockwave

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by possumal, Sep 15, 2013.

1. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    I made my first trip with the Shockwave late yesterday afternoon, and called in a big male. He entered a big hay field about 400 yds from me, and he stopped to take a look at 190 yds. Put a 70 grain Blitz King into his chest, DRT. Yote Yoda and 4 Paws have been putting a hurt on the coyotes with their Shockwaves, and I figured it was time for me to contribute. Nothing like breaking in a new ecaller with a successful hunt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. coyote1758

coyote1758 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2010
    nicholasville ky.
    Nice yote.really glad to see ya out after them.

3. Nice coyote. That is a good way to break in a new Shockwave.

4. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Looks good!! Early season backstrap!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

5. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Big Ed, I think the fellows who frequent this site might appreciate some of your coyote recipes. I know they have been invaluable to the guys who go down to LBL every year for the big hunt.

6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Very nice Al, It's always cool when you get to see them come jogging up for a couple hundred yards.
    Smart old male; iffen it had been a pup he would have wound up in youer lap.

7. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    Thats a good looking rig there. good job!!!!

8. buck shot

buck shot 6 pointer

Nov 17, 2008
    letcher co KY
    Good looking yote ...I love me some sweet Coyote death... :)

9. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    Way to go Al looks like he is pretty furred up for this early !!

10. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Congrats on the yote & looks like the Shockwave passed with flying colors.

The deer got me sidetracked now... & honestly some health issues pretty much sidelined me last winter. But the urge to yote hunt has been pretty stong of late.. just need to get past deer season I'm going after them with a vengeance this year.

Again...congrats.

11. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    JDMiller, I understand your being sidetracked by the deer. There are different levels of dedication to predator hunting. Ever since I called in my first coyote, old Wiley has taken over the top spot with me. I'd rather see a big male come charging in on a frosty morning than to see a big buck. Good luck to you on your deer though.

12. Like PossumAl Coyotes have had my full attention for a long time.

I do however load my .223 up with different ammo during deer gun season "just in case"----but if a Coyote and record Buck came into my area at the same time I would shoot the Coyote.

All Coyotes are trophies to me----very few Deer are considered trophies. The rush I got 30 years ago when I saw my FIRST Coyote bounce in looking for me is still the same rush I get today.

13. skilch

skilch 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2009
    Oldham County
    Nice job Al and congrats! We need to get together like we talked a few months back!