BREAKING: Academy Sports Pulling Modern Sporting Rifles From Shelves

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EC, Jun 15, 2016.

1. tbrothers

tbrothers 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2011
    Cecilia
    This is not a store that I would buy a gun from anyway. When I buy a gun I actually want someone that at least knows what they are talking about. It would not bother me if they sold another gun. The only thing that I buy from them is baseball, basketball, soccer and camping equipment.

2. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I called and griped to to the headquarters customer service yesterday. She informed me they were getting lots of calls and she is passing along the message. I let her know I would not shop at a store that plays along with a liberal agenda and I won't be the only one.

3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    You can add me to that list. I just bought some 6 shot not long ago from them. Was thinking of a Kayak...but nix that.

4. rascaldog

rascaldog 6 pointer

Jan 28, 2008
    Somerset KY
    I would say that if AR prices jump like before Academy will put them back out. Its all about money, they like most companies don't give a rats ass about anything else.

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Just like in the past, this is all going to pass. There will not be a ban on them, and should not be.

6. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I think we will see another ban before too long. They are putting too much pressure on to not. The politicians that say they have our back will cave. Now, I believe we will see it overturned at some point but it could take years like the last time. Depends on the political winds.

7. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    If Hill gets in we are screwed. We will see many more bans than ars and with a liberal scotus vote she'll add it will be the freedoms will keep getting tossed.

8. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    No worries here. They've been on our family ban list for quite a while. The wife ordered me something from them a few years ago for Father's Day. She didn't open the shipping box until the night before she planned to give it to me and found it was obviously used and scratched up. Apparently a return was mistakenly shipped out as new. It wasn't a big deal until she called their customer service and was treated like crap. They didn't believe her and more or less accused her of lying. I called back and threw a fit but got nowhere. She had to drive to their local store with the receipt and get a refund. First and last time we bought anything there.

9. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Was in there yesterday and guy was buying a Bushmaster that was in their weekly ad. Just looked at the ad online and they have removed the AR's for some not so scary looking rifles.

Attached Files: