Brand new Mountain Cur pup

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Dev, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    if you dont mind my asking, where did you get the pup.

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    My feist are on the larger side. The male's weight will run into the 30's, the females 25-30. I also like a big dog, and could care less about registration. I know my dogs background and what they can do, and that's all that matters to me. My dogs are eyes, nose and ears, completely silent on the track, and they also possess the squirrelly sense where they just sense a squirrel is in the tree and will sound once or twice like a hound on a cold track, then tree. I've seen that over and over with my dogs. I also like a dog to timber a squirrel that rides out of the tree.

I took Jax out hunting for a little while this morning. He treed fox squirrel just as we got to woods. I knocked it out and we went on. Jax treed a grey squirrel a few minutes later, and I shot it out. Just as the squirrel hit the ground, another one I hadn't seen in another tree hit the ground running! Jax took off after it and almost caught it once before it went back up and started riding through the timber. I don't think I have ever seen a squirrel that wild in my life! It went for a good 400 yards as fast as it could go until it got to a hole with Jax under it, on two legs most of the way! Good times!

3. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

Jan 3, 2005
    Den tree in Northern KY
    Summer Shade, KY