bowtech bows

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Vaught-Farms, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Vaught-Farms

Vaught-Farms Spike

Oct 7, 2008
    centertown
    admiral senntinel or captain i want smooth and forgiving not worried about speed which of the three would you go with!

2. Drake

Drake 6 pointer

Sep 21, 2008
    Louisville, Kentucky
    If I was setting it up for hunting, definitely the Admiral. Smooth draw cyle, good brace height, solid wall, and the split riser design makes the bow basically shockless after the shot. With that being said if I were you, I would go to a pro-shop and shoot all three bows to make my final decision.

3. adamky

adamky 6 pointer

Sep 10, 2008
    Daviess County
    bowtech

The only difference in the three is axle to axle length. The admiral is the shortest and the sentinal is the longest. I personally would go with the admiral for that reason. I have shot the admiral and the captain and noticed very little difference in how they draw and perform.
    Adam

4. chris buck

chris buck 6 pointer

Jan 4, 2007
    Alvaton, ky
    Just got my new admiral a week ago. Unbelievable bow. Unlike most, I didn't shoot them before buying, not that I didn't want to but I'm a lefty so finding bows to shoot are few and far between. Everyone I talked to love that admiral and said I wouldn't be dissapointed and they were right. So take the admiral, you won't be dissapointed.:)

5. Mathews drinalen is smooth an forgiving to look at it.

6. DBELL

DBELL 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2007
    Murray, KY

I believe he was asking which Bowtech bow to get. If he was asking which Mathews bow that might be a good choice.:confused::D

7. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    I don't remember this bow being one of the choices.:confused:

8. An I was suggesting it an would be the best choice hate to see the guy go wroung with a bowtec:D

9. NonTyp

NonTyp 12 pointer

Apr 9, 2006
    Horntown
    You should quite your day job and take your comedy on the road!:D

10. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I have an Admiral and it is an excellent bow. I am a Bowtech guy, and own about four. The brace height and the A2A of the Admiral is nice, with the split limbs make it a great package. You can't go wrong with an Admiral, plus if you don't like it, then resale value you would come back out.

11. Mepperson

Mepperson 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2005
    Murray, KY
    Friends don't let friends shoot Mathews......

12. Georgia Transplant

Georgia Transplant 10 pointer

May 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    I have the 2006 Tribute and can't afford to buy a new one too often. But if this were the year then it would be the Admiral. I've been subscribing to Petersen's bow hunting for the past 15 years and this looks to be the best one yet.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  13. you must have fell an bumped your head!!!!!:D

14. Mepperson

Mepperson 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2005
    Murray, KY
    I am in the process of getting my new Admiral set up at Nutcase's shop. Yep, I've officially moved over to the dark side. I've been shooting a Hoyt Vulcan which is a nice fast little bow. The Admiral is not as fast, but it is super quiet and shock free. I was disappointed with the speed, but it is soooo quiet. I still have to get used to the draw cycle, but I think I'm gonna like it.

15. Mepperson

Mepperson 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2005
    Murray, KY
    Nah, just yanking your cat whiskers....