bowhuntinslife's buddies buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by skin_dog1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

I'll let him tell the story!!! Nice buck!
    [​IMG]

2. super nice. congrats. just read the other thread and was looking forward to seeing pics.:)

3. kybowhunter

kybowhunter 6 pointer

Feb 1, 2003
    central ky
    Nice I love that tall rack!

4. kyhunter28

kyhunter28 8 pointer

Oct 23, 2002
    ky.
    Nice buck know lets here the story.

5. Dennis

Dennis 8 pointer

Oct 24, 2004
    vine grove ,kentucky
    Nice buck congrats .....:)

6. turk2di

turk2di Cyber-Hunter

Feb 25, 2003
    evansville, ind
    Congrats on a fine buck;)

7. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    story

thanks skin dog for posting them for me. as for the story im gonna try to get him to get on here under my name and type the whole thing for yall. but a brief overview is on the thread titled Blanes Buck. we think that it is p&y. he has great mass that the pic doesnt show. i, guessing that he will gross 130-135ish and be close to netting p&y. what do you guys think?

8. RackAholic

RackAholic 8 pointer

Oct 26, 2005
    Up in tree or in a boat
    I came by Larry's house and seen him Saturday. He is a dandy. You need to put post the story on the hunt for everyone. I came back by Larry's about 6:00 but you had already got him and gone. Talk to ya later.
    Mike

9. BEbuck

BEbuck Fawn

Nov 7, 2005
    Buck story

I've never posted on here before, but this is the story of my buck.
    It was the perfect morning-NOT! Windy, warm, with kind of a misty rain, but for some reason I had a good feeling about a stand in a bottom we had hung just two weeks ago and I knew the rut was on. I parked the 4-wheeler it seem like a mile away and took a chance by walking down the edge of a field that deer are usually in, but it was my best entrance and I wanted to use a drag rag. About half way across the field, I stopped and doctored the rag up with Jackies (great stuff), tied it to my boot and drug it down a logging road to my stand. I hung the rag on a tree and put another canister of Jackies out with the open bottle of Jackies sitting up next to the tree. About 6:10 I noticed some movement coming from the logging road. There he was marching right down the road I had drug the rag on. I knew he was a shooter, but he was eye level with me and was gazing my direction as he walked. When he bent behind a couple of trees, I stood up and grabbed my Matthews and tried to turn all at the same time. As he walked toward me, his nose was in the air and he even turned in a circle one time. He looked at the drag rag, then walked over to the open bottle of Jackies and stuck his nose right onto the bottle. I drew back-said a little prayer-put my 20 yard pin behind the shoulder and squeezed the trigger. He did the patented kick and trotted off. I knew I had made a good hit. He ran about 80 yards and I could hear him staggering. Then came the crash we all love to hear. You know the rest of the story= chills, shaking, another prayer, etc... Thanks to bowhuntingislife and his dad for helping me drag him out. It was my best buck and one of my best memories. BEbuck

10. WBBP

WBBP 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Nice buck Blaine. Congratulations.

Welcome to the forum.

Kalen

11. FugateHunts

FugateHunts Fawn

Nov 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    congrats on the nice buck.

12. BEbuck

BEbuck Fawn

Nov 7, 2005
    Thanks Kalen. Good luck at WBBP this year. The taxidermist said he would make Pope and Young and unofficially scored him at 135.
    Does anyone know how long you have to wait to get him officially scored? I think he said 60 day drying period or something. BE