Bowhunting withdrawal...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by SlowBow, Jan 25, 2016.

1. SlowBow

SlowBow Spike

Nov 5, 2015
    Henderson Co., KY
    Am I the only one? I bet not. I go through this every year for a couple of weeks after bow season goes out. The snow that just arrived makes it even tougher because I love bowhunting in the snow plus I had a dandy all over me last Sunday and let him get away from me. I guess he made it so, maybe, we'll cross paths again next year. Gonna go cry now......

2. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Right there with you. Can't wait till September to get here. I got my buck on the 9th day of season this year so I been looking forward to 2016 for a while to get after another buck.

3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Yes the snow came a week too late. Would have loved to hunted in that.

4. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    Just got back from Texas on Saturday and it makes me sad to take my bow out of my truck. So I haven't yet. I am gonna turkey hunt with the bow this spring to keep sharp, and I may even do a little bow fishing this summer. I just put the bow in the case on Thursday and I am already in withdrawal.

5. kriggs

kriggs 6 pointer

Jan 23, 2016
    I'm with you. It gets to me during the winter months, then eases as it warms and other interests take over.

6. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Same here. I've bow hunted for 32 years and get depressed this time of the year after the season is over.

7. flyingnectar

flyingnectar Spike

Oct 30, 2014
    Metcalfe County
    Yup..

But we can stay in the game ..habitat improvements and stand site work. Planning on some good work here