Bowhunt Only?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Rackophrenic Rick, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bigpuddin43

bigpuddin43 12 pointer

Feb 21, 2007
    bucktown
    I started with a .243 when i was twelve and then moved to muzzleloader and went muzzleloader only i dont even own a rifle other than my .22 i use to squirrel hunt with. I started bow hunting about 6 or 7 years ago my freshmen year in college then went away to college and didnt get much chance to hunt at all last year was my first year back home and got a nice 7 point with my moms rifle because me and my muzzleloader wasnt getting along. so this year i vowed to not pick up the muzzleloader till i put a deer down with my bow and tuesday came along and downed the biggest buck ive ever shot and put it down with my bow at that. what a rush Ill be using the muzzleloader this weekend to put down some good doe meat on the table cause my 200 lb buck is prolly gonna be all hamburger and sausage but from hear on out only buck i take will be with a bow but will be taking some does with the muzzleloader each year im sure. But the buck on tuesday made it real hard to pick up the muzzleloader this weekend for sure never had a rush like that except missing a nice 8 pointer as my first deer i ever shot at when i was twelve.

2. turkeytalker

turkeytalker Banned

Nov 3, 2004
    Fair chase bowhunter here.Yes that means i like salt with my tag soup,and a little cayenne;).

3. randy grider

randy grider 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Burgin, KY
    recurve, or longbow only for the last 10 years or so. did finally pickup a gun about 2 years ago to squirrel hunt, but thats all. i'd feel like i was cheatin' myself to take a gun, thats just me.

4. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I have not hunted with a gun for years and never did hunt very much with a gun. I like bow hunting the best by far. I started out hunting with a bow some 40 years ago and have never been able to kick the habit.

5. Pollcat

Pollcat 8 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    I bow hunt for sport.....rifle hunt for revenge! If I had a place that I could hunt unpressured deer during rifle season, I would. When every place I hunt is being invaded by the orange army, it's kinda hard to be an observer.

6. revkev

revkev Spike

Jun 14, 2007
    I bow hunt exclusively, I am ate up:D

7. I am bow only till rifle season and thereafter. No ML for me. I have considered hanging up the rifle though and may still yet, once I hang that next big one on the wall.

8. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Bow only for me for about 10 years......
    My only exception is the Knox deer gun hunt......only because of the extra buck tag and potential wallhanger. That's the tag I usually eat :)