Bow shop in Louisville

Strut 'N' Buck

10 pointer
Apr 16, 2011
Shepherdsville, KY
I'm not saying Scott isnt a good hearted man at all. Nor am I saying he screws everybody that walks in the door. But what I am saying is I got "screwed" to say the least and I'll never be back. If you don't believe me than go ask your "friend" of 16 years. He said he's never seen anything like that happen ever while he's ran that shop so I'm sure he hasn't forgot the story. The OP asked what's a good shop in Louisville. I gave him my opinion and explained why I wouldn't go to kings. Whether you believe me or not is your choice, but I know the truth as well does Mr. King.

Last edited:
May 1, 2011
shepherdsville
Well, just so happens that I was the guy that accidentally dry fired the bow and when it happened kings charged me to fix it which was no big deal because I did dry fire it. It was my fault or my buddies that the bow broke the day after he got it back because supposedly it was fixed. But to add to this discussion my dad took his bow out to kings to have it restrung and sited back in where it needed to be. When he got his bow back it was restrung but he had to spend all day in the yard siting it in himself because it wasn't hitting where it should have been to say the least. I did buy a bow from kings and personally never have had a problem with it but I wouldn't buy another from out there after this happened to my buddy then my dad. If anybody on here wants to point fingers and call someone a liar just realize that things happen and just because u had good experiences with a shop doesn't mean that everyone does. Thanks.

300winmag

12 pointer
Sep 1, 2009
Taylorsville
Well, just so happens that I was the guy that accidentally dry fired the bow and when it happened kings charged me to fix it which was no big deal because I did dry fire it. It was my fault or my buddies that the bow broke the day after he got it back because supposedly it was fixed. But to add to this discussion my dad took his bow out to kings to have it restrung and sited back in where it needed to be. When he got his bow back it was restrung but he had to spend all day in the yard siting it in himself because it wasn't hitting where it should have been to say the least. I did buy a bow from kings and personally never have had a problem with it but I wouldn't buy another from out there after this happened to my buddy then my dad. If anybody on here wants to point fingers and call someone a liar just realize that things happen and just because u had good experiences with a shop doesn't mean that everyone does. Thanks.

You can't honestly believe that someone that works at the shop should sight the bow in for anyone? Come on man everybody
has different draw lengths, anchor points, etc.. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

RDL270

Cyber-Hunter
Apr 14, 2003
Fern Creek KY
I have bought several bows myself, my daughters and now grand daughters from Scott, Bowonly has worked on some of my bows in the past, I have had nothing but good service from Scott. Range time has always been included with every bow we have bought. Any follow-up issues or questions have always been addressed. Would not hesitate to recommend Scott and have sent people to his shop personally. He may have his quirks, but he is honest as the day is long and does alot for the hunting charities.

Never heard of anyone who could sight in a bow for someone else and never seen Scott do this.......he has put sights on my bow and eyeballed it for me to get it pretty darn close, but I've never seen him shoot one for some one.
Just have to shake my head on this one.

buckfever

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2002
Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
I have bought several bows myself, my daughters and now grand daughters from Scott, Bowonly has worked on some of my bows in the past, I have had nothing but good service from Scott. Range time has always been included with every bow we have bought. Any follow-up issues or questions have always been addressed. Would not hesitate to recommend Scott and have sent people to his shop personally. He may have his quirks, but he is honest as the day is long and does alot for the hunting charities.

Never heard of anyone who could sight in a bow for someone else and never seen Scott do this.......he has put sights on my bow and eyeballed it for me to get it pretty darn close, but I've never seen him shoot one for some one.
Just have to shake my head on this one.

Another ditto x2. . .

Seems the "Shepherdsville" contingent has an ax to grind....

Hmmmm. . . .wonder why that is?????

Strut 'N' Buck

10 pointer
Apr 16, 2011
Shepherdsville, KY
I hate to bust anybody's bubble but the last thing I would do is post on the forum and make up a story about somebody or a local bow shop. The OP asked what's a bow shop around where he could get set up. I saw a couple people post kings and I simply stated my experience with that shop and why I wouldn't go there. Once again I'm not saying this happens to everybody that walks in Kings Archery. But it happened to me and in that case I'll never return. I hope he got what he was looking for no matter where he took his bow. Some people prefer Kings, I don't. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.

B.G.O. of Kentucky

12 pointer
Nov 19, 2002
Louisville, Ky, USA.
I hate to bust anybody's bubble but the last thing I would do is post on the forum and make up a story about somebody or a local bow shop. The OP asked what's a bow shop around where he could get set up. I saw a couple people post kings and I simply stated my experience with that shop and why I wouldn't go there. Once again I'm not saying this happens to everybody that walks in Kings Archery. But it happened to me and in that case I'll never return. I hope he got what he was looking for no matter where he took his bow. Some people prefer Kings, I don't. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.

I agree, I wouldn't buy a nock from the prick. Plainly put, I was there with my father to buy some shafts, vanes and other components, he was helping me all friendly thinking I was interested in a bow as well. He found out I bought my bow from a competitor for nearly $200 less I might add and he turned around and walked away like I through water on him. Ended up putting the stuff down and leaving because I never could get help again. Out and out PRICK. I go out of my way to direct people AWAY from him. Sadly, there isn't many other pro-shops as close, so I just wait until I want to make a road trip and buy from a guy who treated me great no matter what I bought from him or anyone else.

BadDuck

12 pointer
Aug 13, 2007
Bullitt County
When I forst met Scott he irritated me a little. I thought he seemed arrogant. As I got to know him and see how much he does to help kids my opinion of him did an about face. I have bought the last 3 bows my kids and I have bought from him and he went above and beyond to help my boys out. I would not hesitate to buy another bow from him if I was in the market.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
after reading all these post, and i don't know Scott from the man on the moon, it sounds like Scott is a good hearted person with a terrible "bed side manner". call it a character flaw that you either deal with or not. there's always two sides to every story.

shoulderblock

6 pointer
Jun 14, 2007
Scott is a good hearted person but can rub people, especially with conflicting personalities, the wrong way. I assure you that his goal and intent is to promote the sport of archery and make his customers happy.

CRFmxracer

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2010
louisville kentucky
Whatever you do don't go to kings archery. I bought a brand new bowtech from him and the first day I took it home the limbs and cams broke. When I took it back the next day he charged me $40 to fix it. Then another $5 to shoot at the indoor range. And to top it all off, come to find out somebody dry-fired my bow the day before and he never told me. Not only that but he's so high on every product that it's rediculous. I'd HIGHLY recommend Gary's Extreme Archery. He's super cheap and knows his stuff. Plus he shows you the ins and outs of your bow which is quite helpful. Also a super nice guy. JMO

that doesnt make sense. its advertised if you buy a bow from him, he'll set it up for you for free and you get like 2 months range time free?
but anyway i had my bow set up there, and it was my first bow. he took his time with me and i can honestly say he was very patient and did a great job. that being said, his prices are high and imo not really fair. charged me like 18 dollars for a loop, just because he had to put it on a bow press? doesnt seem very fair. but he is a nice guy.

Latest posts