Bow shop in Louisville

Strut 'N' Buck

10 pointer
Apr 16, 2011
Shepherdsville, KY
Whatever you do don't go to kings archery. I bought a brand new bowtech from him and the first day I took it home the limbs and cams broke. When I took it back the next day he charged me $40 to fix it. Then another $5 to shoot at the indoor range. And to top it all off, come to find out somebody dry-fired my bow the day before and he never told me. Not only that but he's so high on every product that it's rediculous. I'd HIGHLY recommend Gary's Extreme Archery. He's super cheap and knows his stuff. Plus he shows you the ins and outs of your bow which is quite helpful. Also a super nice guy. JMO

Last edited:

300winmag

12 pointer
Sep 1, 2009
Taylorsville
Whatever you do don't go to kings archery. I bought a brand new bowtech from him and the first day I took it home the limbs and cams broke. When I took it back the next day he charged me $40 to fix it. Then another $5 to shoot at the indoor range. And to top it all off, come to find out somebody dry-fired my bow the day before and he never told me. Not only that but he's so high on every product that it's rediculous. I'd HIGHLY recommend Gary's Extreme Archery. He's super cheap and knows his stuff. Plus he shows you the ins and outs of your bow which is quite helpful. Also a super nice guy. JMO

I bought a new Hoyt for me and a new Matthews for my daughter. Scott was very nice, the string came off of her cam and he fixed it for free the next day. We also got 6 mos. free unlimited range time as well. What did you do to him:)

Strut 'N' Buck

10 pointer
Apr 16, 2011
Shepherdsville, KY
Apparently didn't spend enough money. Lmao. I guess $900 wasnt enough. Why should you have to pay to shoot your bow at a store that you bought 2 bows from? I can go to Gary's all day everyday and shoot for free. Plus I get my bow worked on for free. That's because he enjoys doing what he does and helping others. Not taking every penny they have and treating them like a P.O.S

Nov 9, 2002
Louisville, KY

You are kidding right, that's hard to believe even for King's. How do you know it was dry fired? If I knew I bought a bow that had been dry fired and not been told and knew it for a fact someone would be getting a bow back!

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008

I'm curious as to how your cam and limbs "broke". You said he charged you 40 the next day to fix it, but Scott doesn't stock warranty parts like that nor has he ever. What happened exactly?

Last edited:

retiredbowhunter

8 pointer
Aug 23, 2006
King's is a quality place to buy/outfit/service your bow. Scott is a good Christian man that would not cheat anyone....or sell a bow that he knew was damaged from a "dry-fire" as claimed.

I agree....bogus on the cams just mysteriously breaking.

dxtsniper

12 pointer
Nov 7, 2009
Turn around!
I also have a real hard time believing that. If the bow was bought new there it should of had a warranty that covered the bows parts and labor to put them on. I have had my bow there 2years after I bought it for warranty work and it was all covered under warranty. I don't see Scott risking his business on something shady that would be so easy to prove.

Strut 'N' Buck

10 pointer
Apr 16, 2011
Shepherdsville, KY
The reason I know for a fact that it was dry fired is because my buddy went there the day after I purchased it. The type of bow I bought was the last one in stock. And my buddy was looking at buying the same one I got. Well when I bought it Scott said it would be a day or so before it was all done (putting on the quiver, sights, whisker biscuit, etc.) which was fine. When my buddy went in there Scott showed him my bow (which my buddy thought was mine but wasn't 100% sure) and accidentally dry fired it. Now you ask why he charged my to fix it? Good question! I took it home the next day and was practice shooting and thats when the top cam bent when I was full drawn and as I went to slowly release both cams and limbs broke. Apparently he forgot to put a clip back on the top cam. Long story short i paid $40 to get fixed. Now I know most of you would've raised nine kinds of hell until it was fixed for free. I did the more mature thing (IMO) and told him what I thought of the situation and that I nor anybody I knew would be back to his store if I had anything to do about it. And until this day I haven't walked back in the front door!

300winmag

12 pointer
Sep 1, 2009
Taylorsville
The reason I know for a fact that it was dry fired is because my buddy went there the day after I purchased it. The type of bow I bought was the last one in stock. And my buddy was looking at buying the same one I got. Well when I bought it Scott said it would be a day or so before it was all done (putting on the quiver, sights, whisker biscuit, etc.) which was fine. When my buddy went in there Scott showed him my bow (which my buddy thought was mine but wasn't 100% sure) and accidentally dry fired it. Now you ask why he charged my to fix it? Good question! I took it home the next day and was practice shooting and thats when the top cam bent when I was full drawn and as I went to slowly release both cams and limbs broke. Apparently he forgot to put a clip back on the top cam. Long story short i paid $40 to get fixed. Now I know most of you would've raised nine kinds of hell until it was fixed for free. I did the more mature thing (IMO) and told him what I thought of the situation and that I nor anybody I knew would be back to his store if I had anything to do about it. And until this day I haven't walked back in the front door!

Seems to me your "buddy" is on the hook for the fix not Scott if that is in fact a true story.

dxtsniper

12 pointer
Nov 7, 2009
Turn around!
Clip on the top cam? What kind of bow are we talking about?

Does it really matter what his reply is? I'm calling BS on the whole story. Guy pays $900+ for a new bow, it blows up on him the first day. His buddy knows for a fact the bow was dry fired by the shops owner yet when he takes it back to the shop and they want to charge him to fix it he just says ok and I'm not coming back? For real? My preacher wouldn't be that good natured about it. I shop at Kings and Gary's and they are both run by good guys. I'm sure Gary wouldn't be happy with someone coming on a local forum with an unbelievable story trying to direct business his way. If you think you are doing him a favor your not.

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008
Does it really matter what his reply is?

No, just trying to put some details with a fuzzy story. I don't doubt the dudes bow derailed, but I'm saying there is some info missing.

I always stay out of these discussions because I have known Scott well for over 15 years, worked for him for 6 years and consider him a close friend. While he may not have the best "people skills" and probly puts his foot in his mouth on a weekly basis, he always means well and has a good heart. His personality is easy for some folks to take the wrong way. Some guys just come in the shop with a chip on their shoulder or something to prove. You can't please everybody.

Last edited:

buckfever

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2002
Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
Does it really matter what his reply is? I'm calling BS on the whole story. Guy pays $900+ for a new bow, it blows up on him the first day. His buddy knows for a fact the bow was dry fired by the shops owner yet when he takes it back to the shop and they want to charge him to fix it he just says ok and I'm not coming back? For real? My preacher wouldn't be that good natured about it. I shop at Kings and Gary's and they are both run by good guys. I'm sure Gary wouldn't be happy with someone coming on a local forum with an unbelievable story trying to direct business his way. If you think you are doing him a favor your not.

x2. . . . . ..

Latest posts