Bow Experts needed..

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Rhino, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Rhino

Rhino Spike

Jul 22, 2011
    NKY
    I have a Mathews Switchback xt..29.5 draw..68 lbs..I shoot carbon express blue streaks 350.. 4 inch feathers...Ripcord arrow rest..string loop..scott release..100 grain tips.. I can not get a tear left out of my bow.. It doesn't matter what I do to try to achieve this, same result...tear left..I moved my rest out from straight to about 1 inch out of line same result..tear left..I also moved rest way in to try to get a tear right,same result ..tear left.. Up and down with the rest/nock point is perfect. I put lipstick on fletchings to see if they were hitting but they were clearing everything.. I paper tuned with bare shaft,fletched arrows and still same results..I have been really watching grip pressure,but no matter how i hold its still the same about 1 inch tear left.. Checked cam lean with arrow, perfect with string. When shooting targets,any length,arrows show nock left.Some cam lean at full draw but nothing out of ordinary..NEVER had this before this year..Checked limbs, no cracks..Would twisting cables/string help?? Went to a couple of bow shops and couldn't figure it out. Just looking for any advice..Thanks for any and all advice..

2. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    Cam lean or idler lean? If idler put twists into the yoke side that will fix it. Check it at full draw, at brace doesn't matter as much.

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Take two turns off of the limb bolts and try it again.

4. Stringer's

Stringer's Fawn

Jul 19, 2012
    PM me your number and we'll see if we can't get you taken care of.

5. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    That is a question that is prolly gonna be over my head too. But i wanted to ask how far are you paper tuning it. If everything is set up right on the bow then maybe you are just shooting the bow to close to the paper and the arrow just doesnt have time to recover before it hits the paper? I dunno just throwing that out there. Good luck.

6. Stringer's

Stringer's Fawn

Jul 19, 2012
    You are correct. You shoot through the paper close before the fletching has time to correct improper flight.The norm is 6ft. Recommend to bare shaft tune through paper .Then when paper looks good ,continue with your regular fletched and then walk back tune at your regular target ,just do not stop at 20 yrds as you may notice irregular flight beyond.Tune out as far as you feel comfortable with your grouping. Just make sure you make very small adjustsments when tunning .
    Keep us posted on how you are doing.
    God Bless

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. Tim Compton

Tim Compton 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    mckee ky
    well i have found with that particular bow you have to put a few twists in the yoke one side or the other to cure that. twist one side if it helps keep on if not take it back out and twist the other one. paper tuning should be done from several different distances starting at 6'. 12' usualy shows the most flex in the shaft.

8. dpowers

dpowers 6 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    Shelbyville
    If you grip the bow on release it will cause tear left.
    Dave