Boss Buck Feeder

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hoene, Jul 13, 2019.

1. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Could you tell me why you like this feeder over the automatic feeders. I think I am going to purchase one. Seems the auto feeders are a pain.

2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I've run 3 moultrie automatic feeders for several yrs. no issues, no problems, no complaints. Very nice controlling the amount of feed put out. After 4-5 yrs the motors have finally died. I just thought I'd try the gravity feed type feeders.

mac0492 likes this.
  3. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I've had way more mature deer come to my gravity boss buck than any auto I've owned.

4. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    My hunting buddy put a gravity feeder in last year and killed a nice buck off of it. My auto feeder is been in for years with no nice bucks in the day light.

5. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 10 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    I got 4 gravity feeders.one is a boss buck.I get tired of the battery and motor change outs.plus I feel silent is better for mature bucks.

6. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Purchased a Boss Buck from TSC 190.00 Otd With 10% off coupon.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    1wildcatfan and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  7. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Any good deer picd on the boss feeder. Do you like them better vs spin type are the deer less skittish? Can u post some pics

8. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    4 yrs ago when we started here, I hand spread corn. Had good numbers of mature deer in daylight all season. I put a automatic spin feeder on each side of the farm after rifle deer season that year. Since the autos went up, the mature buck sightings at the feeder area has dropped immensely, to near none from Oct 20th last year til late Feb. So this year the autos are coming down and I'll either put in gravity feeders or feed with the fertilizer spreader every 2 weeks. I'll run this test for 3 years to see if the daylight sightings improve. If they do, all I'll run is gravity or spreading of corn by spreader. Go gravity.

9. kyduck1

kyduck1 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2012
    I tried the gravity feeder for a few months last year and deer would absolutely not come to it. Even had some corn on the ground to try and lure em in. Only coons were using it. As soon as I pulled the boss buck the deer started tearing it up again.

10. Hunter’79

Hunter’79 Fawn

Oct 29, 2017
    Oakland Ky
    We have 6 boss bucks . Excellent feeders . Would recommend to anyone.

11. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    Picked one up today. Looking forward to see how deer react as compared to a spin feeder

12. hunter40502

hunter40502 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2014
    Bracken County
    How do they do with critters like raccoons?

13. bigredhunter

bigredhunter 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2012
    Boyle County
    I picked up one at TSC today. Looking forward to comparing it to spin feeders

14. Hunter’79

Hunter’79 Fawn

Oct 29, 2017
    Oakland Ky
    We haven’t had any trouble with coons tearing them up but mine are all in food plots . We still pour it out at the main bow stands . My feeders are mainly to keep my does happy . Mine stay full except during turkey season. I did have a small buck get his rack stuck in the spout and broke a chunk off the top of feed spout . The bigger bucks will eat out of them sometimes just not like a corn pile on ground . Even though they don’t eat much from them . In about all the night photos you can see them standing way off watching the does . Rut you get tons pics of the buck passing by scent checking the feeders . Some will take a second grab a few kernels other never slow down .

15. hoene

hoene 6 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    TSC has the Boss Buck on sale for 179.00. I went up and was refunded another 21.00.