Booster for a regular radio???

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
We live up here in the head of the holler(shocking I know) I listen to the radio all the time, pretty much every day in fact..we have some good stations nearby now that carry espn radio etc but I cant get signal up here..I run wire off my antenna out of the shop and helps some but not enough..do they make any type of booster that might help me get better radio signal?

dpowers

6 pointer
Jun 26, 2009
Shelbyville
Am or fm station? Yes the do make boosters and antenna's. Problem is booster boost all meaning noise get amplified also sometimes and sometime it is filtered.
Good luck.
Dave

Farrier85

10 pointer
Oct 29, 2015
yea, FM...Just want to be able to pick some stations within maybe a 30 mile radius better. The mountains are the problem.
Are there radio shacks down your way they might have something. I'm sure you could Google it and find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
I have one that I plug into my stereo receiver that I got from Radio Shack. It lets me pick up stations down in my basement I wouldn't otherwise get. But my receiver has specific plug ins for such a thing. I don't know if you could make it work for any other sort of radio.

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
Google home made radio antenna ,I made one once it helped some .I'm the same way here I like the Whitesburg bluegrass station but just can't get it without a bunch of static,now I use internet radio.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
I've noticed that some clock radios have just little thin wires for antennas. Is it nuts to get some compatible "wire" long enough to just run up a tree? I don't know--I'm not an electronics guy--so I'm just throwing it out there.

Of course it would be easier just to find whatever station you like on the internet.

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
Radio Shacks are just about a thing of the past.

Only way to improve reception is get something with a better antenna. FM antennas must be tuned, and you can buy them cheaply enough, but you have to get them out of the holler enough to gain a decent signal. At some point you're just creating lightning bait.

Latest posts