Bobcats in northern ky

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by kydirtdog44, Jan 11, 2012.

1. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    i just talked to a guy i work and he told me a guy he knows has caught 2 cats here in northern ky (CAMPBELL CO) along the ohio river, i have lived here my whole life and have never seen one ,sure would love to just see one in the wild.

2. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    They're definitely becoming more common in NKY. I know of at least 2 killed in Pendleton during modern gun this year and I've heard one behind my house last year a few times.
    I've only seen 2 in NKY in my lifetime. One was along the bank of the Ohio near Meldahl back in the early 80s and the other was about 10 years ago in an old, abandoned barn. Hopefully someday I'll be lucky enough to get a shot at one.

3. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    Heck pendleton co is where i live

4. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    Hey ky fried give me a shout if u want we can hook up and try to kill a few yotes i live real close to u and have a lot of good hunting here in the county

5. Bullfries

Bullfries 8 pointer

Jan 10, 2008
    my double bull
    The only bobcat I have ever seen was in Boone county a few years ago... They are around...

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    this year was the first time I ever saw one and saw 2 the same morning. I put the crosshairs on it and then dropped the gun back down. I have no need to kill one except for a full body mount so I let them pass hoping I can see them again. Hope this post causes at least one other to do the same.

I understand if you are a trapper and sell the hides though.

7. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    When I was a kid camping in Boone Co. Bobcats would scare the crap out of us at night with the cries they make. That was around 1970. I would love to see one now that I hunt the same areas. I'm not sure if I would shoot one though. It would be nice to see one though !!

8. KY River Rat

KY River Rat 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2008
    One of the guys that hunts our place seen one during gun season. In Owen Co.

9. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    We have a few here in Pulaski County. I saw one last year while on my Mail Route. I Meeeooouued at him and he just stopped and looked at me. Clear view out in the open and he jsut stopped 40 yards away. I will NOT shoot a BobKat. The only thing on 2, 4, 6, 8 legs, Flys in the Air, Slithers or Crawls on the Ground, or Swims in the Water that I will NOT KILL.
    I just will not kill them. Too Beautiful and too much other stuff to Kill.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Where abouts boone county did you see it. There's some places that would surprise me a bit more than others.

11. kydirtdog44

kydirtdog44 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    PENDLETON CO
    the ones i told u about that a guy caught were in the area of mentor, and wesley chaple area i live just a few miles from there

12. repmurcs

repmurcs Fawn

Dec 29, 2011
    I've seen them in Jefferson County... Strangely enough they didn't run or anything.. Just slowly paced back and forth inside their cage --- freaky really !!

13. Bullfries

Bullfries 8 pointer

Jan 10, 2008
    my double bull
    Very close to Big Bone. My uncle has a farm in southern Boone Co. where they have seen them also, but I've never personally seen one there...

14. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    As a kid i saw 1 while camping in union ky back in the woods off of hathaway, and heard one in between 2 streets in devon, the hair will stand up on your neck when they get loud.

15. 22-250

22-250 Banned

Jan 13, 2012
    KY
    I live just North of Bowling Green, KY. I have seen one or two bobcats in this area years ago, but not recently. Just wondering how common cats are to this area?