Bobcat

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Racer1, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Racer1

Racer1 6 pointer

Feb 5, 2009
    Mayfield
    My buddy isn't on this forum but is in need of a GOOD bobcat taxidermist. We are in West KY but will travel anywhere to get a good mount. As many of you know cats are hard to get right and he is willing to drive to take it to the right person. He would like name, numbers, and pics if at all possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I highly recommend Gerry's Taxidermy in Columbia ky. He does the best work I have personally seen, I dont have any pics unfortunately but if you drive out to his shop he has a showroom where you can view some of his work. his number is 6067879916

Racer1 likes this.
  3. clovis67

clovis67 Fawn

Aug 16, 2008
    Do yourself a favor and take it to Cody @ Stoney Hollow Studio!
    Cody is “THE GO TO Predator Master”. She is located around Cape Girardeau and she is the best...and she is exceptional taxiartist and that’s putting it mildly.look up Stoney Hollow on the web and see for yourself

4. Racer1

Racer1 6 pointer

Feb 5, 2009
    Mayfield
    I agree! We have reached out to her through text and we have called to try to leave a message but the voicemail box was full. He would like to use her but can't reach her. Any suggestions? Know what she charges? He just wants the mount and we will build the base.

5. Racer1

Racer1 6 pointer

Feb 5, 2009
    Mayfield
    I will give him a call and see if he could text me a few pics before we make that drive. Thanks for the info!

6. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I dont think he will text pics but I could be wrong, last I knew he uses a flip phone and its only used for phone calls. I posted a link I found online of a pic of one of his bobcats, cant really see the face though in that pic and that seems to be where most taxidermist have problems. But ive never seen a bad mount come out of that shop.

Racer1 likes this.
  7. clovis67

clovis67 Fawn

Aug 16, 2008
    I don’t know what Cody charges.... whatever it might be.. isn’t enough for the top notch custom Artwork that she produces.I know she only takes in a limited # each year and her finished product is totally customized to your specimen.So if you are looking for the perfect bobcat mount... then take your cat to Stoney Hollow...U will b amazed.

Racer1 likes this.
  8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

PM sent but waiting on to see if we can come up with a photo for you. I had it in my phone but the phone died ad I have tried everything to get it to turn back on. Got a call out to two other guys that might have a picture to share.

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Not the one after the wood duck yet but Travis is working on it, couple more from last year tho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Done last year hanging on wall at Uncle Lee's. Not the best shot Travis says.

[​IMG]

11. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY
    Certainly go with a top level cat guy/girl. Most of the mounts won’t hold a light to the guys out West who do 20 times the cat mounts anyone in our neck of the woods do.

Attached Files:

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I ran across exactly that on a lope out in Wy. Left it to be mounted out there as not many taxidermist in NW Indiana had ever did one. Place side by side with one a friend brought back to Indiana and had done by a local taxidermist it was daylight to dark difference in the two.

13. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    the wife is heading to NM in December on another lion hunt. if i can get my butt in shape, i may go and be her sherpa.

CHL likes this.
  14. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Amy's Animal Art (Amy Carter) is far and away the best cat taxidermist I have ever seen. Good enough she was just recently tapped by one of the big taxidermist supply houses to license her forms.

She is in W. NC, and you cause her work on Facebook or her webpage.

Seriously, I've never seen anyone close for cats. She is beyond an artist.