Bobcat Mounts?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by mikeyj, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mikeyj

mikeyj Spike

Mar 4, 2009
    Adair Co.
    A friend called me earlier to tell me his bro-in-law killed a bobcat and was wanting to get it mounted. He has already checked with Gerry Wethington. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for other taxidermists in the Adair Co. area that will mount bobcats. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
  3. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
  4. deerhunter5555

deerhunter5555 6 pointer

Feb 24, 2002
  5. Haha!!
    It does seem that there are very few taxidermists I have found that do a good job on bob cats...but I'm sure there are plenty out there

6. DBELL

DBELL 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2007
    Murray, KY
  7. mr.freaknasty

mr.freaknasty 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    whitesburg

8. forked G2

forked G2 Fawn

Sep 21, 2009
    kentucky
    Gerry Wethington is the BEST!!!!! I have 5 whitetail bucks and a elk and they are awsome! Very detailed, also my dad has 2 bucks that Gerry mounted 20 plus years ago and they still look good. Gerry is the only taxidermist I will use as long as he is mounting!

9. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    Cats are tricky. Eyes and ears are everything on a cat. I agree that very few people do them well. I've seen more bad than good.

10. kycountryboy

kycountryboy 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2008
    columbia,ky
    just checked out that forum you mentioned, that is the hardest I have laughed in over a year.

11. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Mammals are tough...especially the facial expressions. They are always a pain because normally you have to cut the form into two pieces, insert each piece into the hide and then fuse the form back together with bondo (not to mention that most taxidermists don't mount a ton of mammals they way they do fish and deer). Whoever you pick, make sure they mount several cats a year. I would also check out their showroom. Pay attention to the eyes and ears. Eyes should be focused and the ears should be symmetrical and lump free.

Whethington is a great taxidermist BUT if you happen to speak to him in the near future be sure and tell him that a member of the Sturgeon's Taxidermy fan club was slandering his "good name" on the internet. :D

12. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    Good god man. A fan of Sturgeon's? What in the world is wrong with you. :eek: I've heard my fair share of crap FROM Brad this week alone. He calls the shop every day and tells Harry about how good he is. :D

(of course all of this is a joke. Deep down inside, I'm hoping that you ARE Sturgeon)

13. tbob131

tbob131 6 pointer

Jan 2, 2008
    elizabethtown
    I just went back and read that whole thread again and it was just as funny as the first time. Democrat or not Haves is hillarious.:D:D:D

14. mikeyj

mikeyj Spike

Mar 4, 2009
    Adair Co.
    Thanks guys. If it were mine Wethington would already have it. That thread is great by the way!

15. massive horns

massive horns BBBC Members

Oct 21, 2002
    Kentucky
    Wethington is by far the best. However, have your friend try Billy Milby in Summersville. He has done a few mounts for me and is very good and half the cost .