Bobcat Mounts

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by wkybayouhunter, Nov 24, 2010.

1. wkybayouhunter

wkybayouhunter Fawn

Oct 13, 2009
    I killed a bobcat on saturday and am asking for suggestions on how to get it mounted. Could you guys who have one mounted post some pics, and give me some ideas??? Thanks!

2. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    mine is mounted on a piece of old driftwood, make sure it is made with mouth open. its alot more expensive and well worth it. il try to post a pic later

3. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Whatever you do, look at pictures the taxidermist has of work he's done. If he dosen't have any, move on. Shop around. There's more taxidermist that will screw it up than there are that will get it right. Cats are hard to do. And the price they charge does not neccisarily determine their abilities.

4. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Thanks Haves,I bout piss myself everytime I see a bobcat mount. Life will never be the same!!!!!:D

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    May want to look at this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newest Bobcat Mount
    This is my latest Bobcat mount.
    I put it above the fireplace in the living room. It came out a lot better than the Martin I mounted prior. I still need to get better on the face, but with a little extra time in my schedule, I'll keep working at it.

Hope you enjoy

The death photo. He is a beauty. But mounting him like he died in the back of my truck would look stupid. I need something better

Here is in all his glory. My son thinks he looks to scary for the living room. HAHA...I had to tell him Bobcats are like big housecats. I would mount a dead quail if I can find one on the road to get under his paw. I need to work on that also.

6. duxdown 1

duxdown 1 6 pointer

Jan 9, 2009
    western ky
    Not Bad MAKEemQUIVER, I like the curious mount. I think cat mounts can really benifit from scenery though. Just depends on where is will be sitting. I do like the snowy scenes. Of course it scares the crap out of the average guy when you shoot him a price, haha. But they are a lot of work, body is easy, face uh, better get it right or its crap.

I have one in the freezer that I have to get skinned and started on soon, getting to much stuff stacked up to work on. Well other than the occasional trip to the duck blind, maybe I can get settled in and get some work done.

7. MAKEemQUIVER

MAKEemQUIVER 10 pointer

Mar 19, 2009
    My cousin killed that cat and Gunners done the work, I think they done a great job.

8. matrobw

matrobw 6 pointer

Jan 31, 2006
    Louisville
    Here is what I had my taxidermist do to mine. It looks great.

[​IMG]

9. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    That is very nice. I hope to get a chance to kill one someday. I have ran into them while bowhunting they are really quick to figure out you are there.

10. duxdown 1

duxdown 1 6 pointer

Jan 9, 2009
    western ky
    Oh yeah, that looks good. I like a little somptin somptin, it makes them stand out. Like I said it cost a little more, but it gets noticed.