Boat sank on the big o !

whitleycotrapper

12 pointer
May 20, 2005
Williamsburg, KY
I just got a call from a friend up in Indiana asking if Id heard from my brother. He said a boat went under near the Concord Church on the Ohio a few miles down river from my hometown of Patriot, IN. Word of mouth has it that two made it ashore and one is missing. All of our friends and family are accounted for, everyone keep the family of the missing hunter in your prayers and pray he/she is found alive.

Getchasum

10 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
NKY
Got off the phone with several folks they seemed to be under the impression they were duck hunters. They talked to the coast guards at the ramp. Keep them in your prayers fellas.

mojcar

Fawn
Oct 23, 2008
Happened just up river, I didn't go this morning due to wind and heavy waves. Apparently, they were returning to the ramp crossing the river when a wave came over the back and the stern sunk.3 men and a dog went in the water. The dog and 2 survived, the third is still missing. A friend talked to the two which survived and they stated that their waders and waders belts kept them afloat. I didn't know them, but they are from this area. Prayers for the one missing.

mojcar

Fawn
Oct 23, 2008
Your right, my worst fear is sinking this time of year. When the wind is gusting from the northwest, we stay home, or go to the fields. It's a bad deal, they were young too. Happened just above markland dam.

Bullfries

8 pointer
Jan 10, 2008
my double bull
Local news just said they are shutting down recovery efforts for the night.

Yesterday we hunted a creek close to the boat ramp because of the river being so rough. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Yea we learned the hard way last year if the wind is a blowing out of the north it gets real ruff prayer sent to the familys hope they find him.

Latest posts