Bluegrass Army Depot Duck Hunt

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by greenhead1983, Dec 5, 2011.

1. PintailFreak

PintailFreak 6 pointer

Jan 6, 2009
    Central Kentucky
    This BGAD quota hunt is starting to become a pain in the ass with all the forms and fees. Hopefully it isn't frozen in January and there are plenty of birds.

2. greenhead1983

greenhead1983 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2007
    horse county
    yea, I had to have the land management send me the weapons registration form and the back ground check form, neither was in our packet. They will give you an extension since it was their fault, I got my back in the mail yesterday. Will they draw us to hunt with somebody else? Anybody know how it works?

3. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    Yeah, you won't need another background check. I couldn't get mine in today because I couldn't go get my fingerprints (really?!). If you PM me your email I'll forward the weapon registration or call the Land Manager at the number on the form. They want gun info, serial number, etc.

4. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    From the paperwork, it sounds like everyone will draw individually for a spot. If you're there with a buddy (or more, maybe), they will let you draw together. Sounds like there will be a few groups of strangers put together. I have no idea about blind situation but I think there's gonna be a few people laying down in the weeds trying to hide. :)

5. Bandit29

Bandit29 6 pointer

Nov 21, 2008
    I agree that there will be some strangers put together in places. With this being the first year in a long time for the hunt, things may be a little confusing but at least its another chance to hunt a place that doesn't get heavy pressure like Ballard or Hendo. Who knows what it will be like but at least we get a chance. Hopefully the birds won't be pressured on the depot itself and may work the decoys. Any body got any ideas of what or how many dekes they're bringing? Not sure what the guards will think if/when guys start rolling in there with enclosed trailers! Hahahaha

6. PintailFreak

PintailFreak 6 pointer

Jan 6, 2009
    Central Kentucky
    I will bring a minimum of 3-4 dozen and a mojo or 2

7. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    I'm only bringing Mojos :D

No, I'll bring 3-4 doz as well. Whatever will fit in my decoy bag.