Blue heron = mice eating machine

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
Yeah....Killing one of the "special" birds will get you under the jail. I saw a freshly dead owl on the side of the road the other day and wanted to get some feathers and claws for a Muzzleloader display, but the law says they'd rather see it rot away than to be put to use by a tax payer. If you are caught with a feather or body part that's even decades old, they can still make your life miserable trying to stay out of Federal Prison.....There goes the life's savings!

I think it was on the Refuge where I read about a guy from Texas. Hit an owl with his truck.. It stuck in the grill. He took pictures and posted it online... Feds showed up causing much aggravation..

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds

kyhunter99

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2014
Still in the kitchen Ky
I watched one eat a bluegill that had to be a pound, one blue cold winter day. He tossed it up and got it head first and he kept his bill straight to the sky for about a minute until it slid down. You could watch the lump slowly moving down his throat. I don’t think he hurt my fish population though. I like watching wildlife even if they compete with me. They probably deserve it more than me anyway.

Yeah thats a good point. isn't like they can go to the grocery store at any time.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
I think it was on the Refuge where I read about a guy from Texas. Hit an owl with his truck.. It stuck in the grill. He took pictures and posted it online... Feds showed up causing much aggravation..
When I was a kid my parents took me to Mammoth Cave and as we were driving into the park a ranger pulled us over. He informed my dad that there was a cardinal stuck to the grill of his car and chewed him out for hitting it and threatened him with some kind of outragious fine. I was in shock my dad stayed as calm as he did, not his style at all.

kyhunter99

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2014
Still in the kitchen Ky
When I was a kid my parents took me to Mammoth Cave and as we were driving into the park a ranger pulled us over. He informed my dad that there was a cardinal stuck to the grill of his car and chewed him out for hitting it and threatened him with some kind of outragious fine. I was in shock my dad stayed as calm as he did, not his style at all.

Lol, could you imagine how hard it would be to try and hit a bird ON PURPOSE with a car??!

Latest posts