Blue cats!

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by kyhunter99, Jun 5, 2019.

1. kyhunter28

kyhunter28 8 pointer

Oct 23, 2002
    ky.
    Plenty of blues in taylorsville lake..here is a recent video and if you check out my youtube channel I have other catfish videos from taylorsville on there. Hit the subcribe button if ya like what ya see.

2. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Snapchat-1940795804.jpg
    We caught these yesterday afternoon. Didn't use any poles though.

3. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    Nice videos. Do you fish the mad jack tournament?

4. kyhunter28

kyhunter28 8 pointer

Oct 23, 2002
    ky.
    Few pictures
    No I have never fished in tournament before.

5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i thought the speckled channel's were the one's to strive for. did do a lot of night fishing at t-ville.., even jug fishing. was lots of fun, least a lake fog.
    also the best eating i did. store cat's seem to have water injected to the meat. not to mention any other fish. ah cant prove this, but it is so.
    tues-thurs night. the cat in the center of the photo, what kind is it?
    look's like a large mud cat. the one on the right?, speckle=channel?
    i best look up what i been catching.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    What's a speckled cat? Blues, channels and flatheads are in the big lakes and rivers.

7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Theres a downstream area here local I fish they has some decent catfishing in it. When the water raises and gets a strong current it’s like flipping a light switch! The blues start biting like crazy

Meatstick likes this.
  8. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    For blues I like cut bait. Skip, shad, gill and do well off cut creek chubs too. Though I do catch smaller blues when targeting channels with dip bait..
    My Flathead fishing is big live baits with my personal favorite being sucker..

Nock likes this.
  9. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Ky
    What dip do you like?
    I am at a disadvantage here cause i dont have a boat. Its all going to be bank fishing.
    And i dont know where any shad or skip are or even have a net to catch em if i did. So its gills or dip for me it seems.

10. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Ky
    Noodlin?! Not brave enough to noodle

00noturkey likes this.
  11. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

Yes...good times!

12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i went to fishing at night cause T-ville lake was getting so crowded during the day.my 14' john-boat sat low in the water. i was just backing up, when a wake hit the back of the boat, an over bathtub, close to two, was in the boat. i thought i was going to sink. after that, and some rude behavior, from city slicker's, on there boats, i mostly, night fished, at T-ville.
    the boat had a 51, 10HP, on the back. a fine motor, when it wasnt being contrary. i put a platform with a seat, on the front of it. the V-hull, aint all that comfortable in the front.
    i made some trim tabs, to help with coming out on top the water when ya take off. (keep the bow down),.. tab's had a side effect, before, if hand slipped of the tiller, the motor would swing, an the boat would go sideways, an near spill ya out. after that, you could let go of the tiller handle, the boat would track straight. if you were turning a bit and let go the handle, the boat would right itself, and the motor.
    when still, i would take off, instead of the bow sticking up, where i couldnt see in front of me, the boat just would pop up, on top of the water. i left out i had 2 lights on the front, the size of fog lights, cept were white. the one on the left pointed neat straight, 10 degrees right, and the other on the right pointed towards shore bout 45 degrees. i only used them at night when a boat coming towards me. an both had independent switches. ya get used to driving at night, mostly without lights, while ya still have your night vision. a skill acquired, an best learned well.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I’ve caught a lot of fish on Sonny’s(now triple S) and secret 7. Mostly catch 14”-18” eaters on dip bait but it works well. I use dip tubes on a 3/0-5/0 double action circle hook..
    https://www.catfishconnection.com/Store/Details/SSS45C/CATDBAIT/DIPBAIT/TRIPLE-S-CHEESE-DIP/

https://www.catfishconnection.com/Store/Details/TCS7T/CATDBAIT/DIPBAIT/TEAM-CATFISH-SECRET/

kyhunter99 likes this.
  14. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Ky
    Thanks for all the info, surely to god it will help my sorry cat game. Do you prefer dips to punches?

15. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    I have never used either but willing to give it a try. I am catching gills tomorrow for bait for jugging Tuesday