Blinds @ Ballard

mallards28

Fawn
Dec 2, 2008
Florence, KY
Can someone please tell me the better blinds to go after at Ballard? We've been drawn to hunt the first weekend in Jan, but have no idea which are the better blinds to go after. Any info is appreciated, as we're going in blind enough.

Thanks

unowho89

Fawn
Feb 25, 2008
Personally i like 102 and any others in that field or the ones around shelby lake. I'm not a big fan of the terrell fields because we never see the same amount of birds ove there that we do near shelby lake. But it all depends on when your down there and how many new birds are there. It is all the luck of the draw.

Another reason i hate terrell fields is all you hear are the private hunting clubs near by shootin because they have 300 decoys and 15 mojos and they are very hard to compete with. It just get aggrivating

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
You don't go after anything at Ballard.

You draw a pill out of a bucket and that's what you get. Could be a hot one, could be a dead one.

It's a completely blind / lottery type draw.

unowho89

Fawn
Feb 25, 2008
Can't say i blame ya, nothin wrong with doin it right. If i had the funds and lived down there i would do the same thing.

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
If the governor is not planning on being down there you can try and ask for the governor's blind. Not many guys know that all you have to do is ask when you get up to the bucket and they will tell you "sure just pretend like you are grabbin a pill and we will hook you up." Atleast that is how I do it.

Bandit29

6 pointer
Nov 21, 2008
Governors's blind! WHAT??? Do they release caged birds in front of you like shooting skeet or what?

smashdn

12 pointer
Nov 24, 2003
Palmyra, Kentucky
Governors's blind! WHAT??? Do they release caged birds in front of you like shooting skeet or what?

No, but there is a stocked mini bar and heated lounge chairs. Plus with all of the corn in a pile right in front of the blind there ain't no real need in caged birds.

If you bought a sportsman's liscense and a try at them elk they practically owe you a hunt in it at least once.

Latest posts