blind 45 should be a goldmine for 2nd opening

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Pushed hundreds of ducks off our hole walking in yesterday and today. Several came in swam around, and small groups circling us all day. NO geese whatsoever, very disappointing trip. Thousands flying river, nothing close.I was really hoping for a speck.

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Theres enough water to kill ducks. Had 4 cans drop in, that about killed me. It was a great day just watching though. I guess the group behind us cant read or were idiots. They were calling ducks 10 min before shootin time, then shot a bunch. Heard em cheerin......that is till green jeans got there 30 min later and ended the party.

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
Theres enough water to kill ducks. Had 4 cans drop in, that about killed me. It was a great day just watching though. I guess the group behind us cant read or were idiots. They were calling ducks 10 min before shootin time, then shot a bunch. Heard em cheerin......that is till green jeans got there 30 min later and ended the party.

Can't fix stupid. Morons.

mike_b

8 pointer
Aug 8, 2010
Ledbetter

Haha. What blind was that near? Behind you like 41-43 or behind you like High Ground?

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Haha. What blind was that near? Behind you like 41-43 or behind you like High Ground?

Im not sure what blind #. If you turn in on the tin city hunt club side its the first blind on left. We were just a head off to the right of the bend in the road. It was my first time out there and i dont know the area very well, so i dont know where high ground is.

KAHUNTER

6 pointer
Jan 11, 2007
Henderson
On Monday I saw the Game Wardens truck parked in front of 45? So I was assuming that's where he got them at! Heard it was for shooting early. So your talking about the guys who were opening up duck season early in blind 41 last week?! lol

Last edited:

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
On Monday I saw the Game Wardens truck parked in front of 45? So I was assuming that's where he got them at! Heard it was for shooting early. So your talking about the guys who were opening up duck season early in blind 41 last week?! lol

I was there on wednesday and thursday..thursday was the day they were shootin up ducks. I would say thats one less group to compete with for a blind next season. Has there been alot of birds taken this week. I was wanting to come back monday but didnt make it too busy with work.

Last edited:

HappyHunter

10 pointer
Sep 11, 2003
Louisville
Hunted 45 yesterday...2 guns 6 mallards. Killed hen limit early but couldn't finish mallard limit due to staring straight into the sun, couldn't I.d. drakes. Sounded like a good number of mallards and specks on the refuge but not many birds in the air. Birds worked well to the call and jerk cord...fun hunt.

Latest posts