Blasted Critters!!!

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by BigPete, May 28, 2019.

1. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I know what the law says. I’m asking if it’s ever been held up in court. A grill on my deck is not “food” or “bait”. My garbage can is not “bait” because I’m not required to have a bear proof can.

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    But it still says nothing about bear proof cans. Indirectly is subjective, and regular garbage is not feeding wildlife. How do they prove it was for the purposes of feeding, and not just garbage? I would definitely challenge that in court.

barney likes this.
  3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County

Also, how am I to know if a bear is even around to be able to feed it. I live in Boone county. Years ago a male bear wandered up here, but that’s the last sighting. Am I in “bear country”?

I hunt right next to the Licking river in both Campbell and Pendleton. If I put a corn pile out, and bear wanders up the river from the mountains, am I going to be cited when a bear hasn’t been reported in either county for a century?

This is a huge rabbit hole of a poorly written and apparently poorly enforced regulation. It’s needs to be challenged in court, or just flat changed.

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    It's a vague law. Protecting what is yours is a fundamental right.

Feedman likes this.