Biggest tale you ever heard

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Trapper Delk, Nov 29, 2020.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Sorry to hear.

2. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    sorry for your loss. im glad you was able to experience 1 more good time and have another good story to remember

3. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Had a cousin that always seen big bucks, back in the day when doe day was last day of season,. Back then if you shot people would come check on you it was midday and everyone had gone in to eat and he sees bunch of deer "bunch" shoots last one and it was a buck as it ran off it was huge he didn't go look instead run all the way to the house busted through the door and said everyone come help I shot a big one everyone looks at each other and busted out laughing. He got so mad he left to go find it his self then a buddy follow him to help expected to find a doe being it was doe day, they walked over the log road the way it went and there lay a 28pt nontypical he'd never admit it but we all knew he thought he was shooting a doe

kyhunter99 and Feedman like this.
  4. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    When I was in high school took my best friend bow hunting. He had never hunted. He shot a buck. I came to his stand and I saw the deer. He had shot it in the back and I was just crawling around couldn’t get up. We didn’t have a knife but we had a piece of rope. We got big idea to put rope around it’s neck and tie to a tree so we could go get a knife and slit its throat and it couldn’t get away while we were gone. After we tied it up it start thrashing and pulling and ended up basically hanging itself because it was laying on a hillside. True story. Looking back I realize we were nuts. I can’t remember why we didn’t just put a couple more arrows in it. Like I said Nuts.

5. BuckNest

BuckNest 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2020
    Mount Olivet KY
    Lol wow.

6. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    We need a pic of the deer now

kyhunter99, Trapper Delk and jblack1 like this.
  7. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Lol I knew someone would say that you think trapper can't back it up :D... Give me little bit to find it

BuckNest and jblack1 like this.
  8. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    IMG_20201130_192427.jpg its hard to see all these smaller points but they there, this was when you took a picture and had it develop ... It was in Kentucky something magazine that year

Southpaw, Huntertyler, Munson and 7 others like this.
  9. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    And that's called bait and hook :rolleyes:

BuckNest likes this.
  10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    DH, Sorry to hear about your friend

11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    That story dominates! Have to read it every couple years. It tickles me every time.

Trapper Delk likes this.
  12. BuckNest

BuckNest 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2020
    Mount Olivet KY
    Is
    Is the guy in the picture "bunches" lol and did you all hunt over that Beagle in the background?

13. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    :D.. he brought it to our house to show off,. That beagle was top of the line none better no deer running outta him ....

14. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013

Prayers to him and his family.
    Let’s all remember time is short, be kind and hug the kiddos.

15. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Busted his floater.... Thats a story in itself.. My family were from Johns creek here in Floyd co. It was a large long creek that was there before Dewey Lake was impounded. My people hunted,fished and trapped it for as long as Kentucky had been a state. Well when they fished since it wasnt for fun but food they used gill nets, traps and dynamite.. Yes, dynamite. So when they would dynamite a big hole of water they'd quarter up a stick, fuse it and chunk a quarter stick into the hole. Whooom, a big giant bubble would roll up. Then a bunch of fish would turn belly up..
    Papaw would yell "Get em' boys!, we busted thier floater!"
    So when we say that it means dead right there. A bang flop shot etc.. That old boy blew his heart to pieces and he dropped right there. He busted his floater..

Buzz151, Feedman, HeadedWest and 11 others like this.