Biggest tale you ever heard

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Trapper Delk, Nov 29, 2020.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    Damn sorry to hear that DH :(

2. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    THANKS YALL. Even tho he told some whoppers. He was a good friend. Help when ever he could hay on the farm and stuff. He was faily young probably mid 50s. He didnt take of himself as he should have in health. He will be missed dearly. Always fun to be around. Going to miss you BILLY. RIP BROTHER

carnivore and Ezelkyhunter like this.
  3. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Sorry to hear that

4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That's kinda normal for a buckeye isn't it?

5. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Sorry to hear that DH.

6. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
  7. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    DH sorry to hear that! Hate hearing the loss of friends. RIP!

8. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
  9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Dh sorry to hear that! Good friends are hard to come by even if they can be full of hot air at times.

10. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Par for the course, especially this particular guy. Over the course of a few years i saw him accidentally crap in the hood of his coveralls, fall out of a tree, get a face full of stomach contents when gutting a deer, and have various kinds of trouble sighting in every firearm he owned.

redjackson and theprofessor like this.
  11. BuckNest

BuckNest 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2020
    Mount Olivet KY
    Dang, that is a bad deal DH.

12. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    Cousin and I were hunting a place several years back. Ended up leaving empty handed in the afternoon.
    We were going down the little 1.5 lane road and came upon a pickup truck sitting on the shoulder. Guy was still sitting in his truck, but his dog was raising cane on the side of the road along the fence.
    As we get closer we see a young deer lying on the side of the road wrapped around a fence post. Cousin rolled down the window to ask the other feller if he wanted the deer (assuming he had just hit it). Guy said no so he and cousin head over to recover the deer while I pull ahead to park the truck and trailer.
    'Bout the time got there they start tugging on this young button buck, and apparently cousin has some healing powers because as soon as he grabbed the deer's leg, the thing come back to life!!!
    Now both of these men are trying to get this deer untangled from the barbed wire while getting the snot beat out of them. Not a whole lot i could do. Between these two grown ass men and the Rottweiler, i thought they had it handled.
    Cousin pulls the 9mm from his hip and shoots it in the head... twice before it was dead again!
    They get the deer out of the fence and on the trailer. Guy then tells us he didn't hit the deer after all. It apparently jumped off the road. Hit the locust fence post and was knocked out cold.
    I told him, "that would have been some useful information about 10 minutes ago."

barney, Feedman, jblack1 and 2 others like this.
  13. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Incoming! It's snowing! Kentucky blizzard's afoot!

14. BuckNest

BuckNest 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2020
    Mount Olivet KY
    Hopefully another Tree Thrashing Guy story will help everyone with their day. DH this one is similar to Billy's story (R.I.P). One weekend we had more than our normal amount of people in camp, outside our normal 4 guys we had a guy from Florida and Louisiana. Both of those guys were friends of Tree Thrashers. After one evening of bow hunting Thrasher came back to camp saying he had shot a Monster Buck right at dark that had came in Thrashing Trees on a field edge. He said he knew the deer because it was the second night in a row it had came in like this. Even I was excited about this because finally we have a blood trail on one of these bucks he sees. Excitement was running very high in camp when Thrasher says "we need a dog". This was 20 years ago and well before blood trailing dogs was ever talked about in our area as far as we knew. I had been hunting with Thrasher since I was 14 and he never said we needed a dog. The level of anticipation of finding this buck was running wild at this point. The only dog we knew of was the guy we leased the farm from and he had a Dalmatian. I'm dying laughing as I type this because we had not even seen the blood trail yet and he said we need a dog. So Thrasher gets permission to take the landowners Dalmatian and 6 guys plus the dog take up this blood trail. The blood trail was not good at all and nowadays we could have used a dog that was trained in blood trailing deer. 2.5 hours later, 6 guys, and a playful Dalmatian we walk up on a 100lb DOE!! You could imagine what everyone was saying after 2.5 hours of the fiasco tracking this Monster Buck.

redjackson, Feedman, Southpaw and 3 others like this.
  15. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Sorry to hear that, I lost a friend Friday to the virus.