Big Red Pic, Very rare and very few have seen.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Most of you, that read my posts, know I talk to C.W. a few times a week, We were talking the other day, and he said I had a pic of myself and Big Red with him hanging in a tobacco barn, I told him, I have probably seen every Big Red pic out there, bit wasnt awarebof that one. He said no very few outside the family had ever seen it, but had no idea where it was.I told him, he should put in a lot of effort to find it. And he said he would, but had no idea where to even start looking, but luckily he found it. This is by far, my favorite Big Red pic, back in those days very few even had a camera, and not a lot of pics taken, but C.W was a auctioneer and sold real estate, so he did have a camera and kept it with him . Back then, even if you took a pic, you had to send the film off and wait on it, so you never knew how good your pic, would be. Unlike today, with cell phones and cameras, and social media, you can and most do take several pics of their deer and send them to friends in texts or post them on social media. Back then if you wanted someone to see a pic, you literally had to hand it to them, either keep it in your truck or pocket, or have it with you. Anyway I thought I would share this one with you guys, Im going to have this one framed, Very glad he found it, and made me a copy and sent it to me.
    Thanks for Looking..

Attached Files:

2. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Very nice !

Grago likes this.
  3. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Cool pic

Grago likes this.
  4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    That’s awesome

Grago likes this.
  5. Never seen that one,thanks for sharing

Grago likes this.
  6. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Grago likes this.
  7. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Very cool

Grago likes this.
  8. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    I dont really think so, there is a lot goes on with that buck, that sometimes, he dont even know about, Some of the stories written, are so fabricated to sell them, its unbelievable , I have talked him into doing a interview with someone, and tell the true story the way it is, coming out of his own mouth, he is proud of the buck, and does like to talk about him, but he is 82 and has a ton of health issues, so he has a lot on his mind, I have shown him the article you posted before, and about all he said is I cant believe that, the real Mount is done in a full body, at bass pro in Springfield, of course the rack is original, but on a different body.

9. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    This is the actual Mount on display at Bass Pro

Attached Files:

xbokilla, Timholt70, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  10. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I kind of figured that Grago and that's a shame. I'd love to hear an interview with him. He should be proud of that buck it's a heck of a deer, I know I would!

Marsh CallUser and Grago like this.
  11. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Man awesome buck.

Grago likes this.
  12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Great deer

Grago likes this.
  13. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    I was in Bass Pro Springfield back in the early 90's. I think I remember seeing that full mount but didn't look to see where it came from! WOW that is an amazing deer!

Grago likes this.
  14. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
  15. woodsman92

woodsman92 8 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    That’s a really neat pic, glad to see it. Thank you for posting it for us. Do you know what kind of rifle that is in the pic?