Big Bow Kills

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    I think technology has become the biggest factor in increase in big buck bow kills. First as pointed out bows are better whether that is taking shots from a greater distance or not. They are faster, better, more accurate and sights better etc. Also the technological advancements in trail cameras with the cell phone applications makes it so much easier to get real time info and pattern big bucks. Then ad in the aps for predicting weather fronts and barometric pressure. Also tons of info on internet youtube etc about food plots and creating bedding sanctuaries and patterning big deer. All of these factors involve advances in technology which in my opinion help bow hunting the most due to the length of bow season and especially early season hunting. Oh yeah and HECS suits ok lmao I’m joking on this point but maybe they work I have to say I’m very skeptical on this supposed technological advancement.

2. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Acorn cruncher is why so many big ones are taken. Lmao

mathewsbowhunter82 and Campfire like this.
  3. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Good for you.

4. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    This is the case for the few bow hunters I know who CONSISTENTLY take big bucks. Last year, a friend of ours took a really good buck, and said he had been out sixty-some times.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Bingo. Time on stand and spending that time where big deer are known to be. You can be all knowledgeable, a great woodsman, etc...and a less than average shot, and someone with way less knowledge and skill are gonna put down big deer more big deer than you if they got the time and the right place.

6. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    The boom of hunters are starting to age. With age comes experience. Experienced older hunters do not pound the woods every chance they get. They understand the best times of the season to hunt and capitalize on those times. Also I believe more hunters are understanding that 3yo bucks should be passed.

Campfire likes this.