Big Blue Nation, Get on Your Knees and Support Black Lives Matter

Carl

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2003
Western Kentucky
Sure the inner city is tough and you have to hoe a lot of tough grass out them rows to get out of it. I knew a few “rich” kids growing up who had it all handed to them. Some had success as adults while others not so much. I knew poor kids who’s folks didn’t have a pot to piss in. Some of them had great success in life while others weren’t worth killing. I knew middle class kids who had varying degrees of “easy” or “hard” growing up and they too either sank or swam. The one that really gets me is a little Vietnamese gal immigrant who came here with literally the clothes on her back and slaved away in a kitchen for crap wages several years paying back the family who sponsored her. She’s now an executive chef and restaurant owner with nothing given her. She makes me ashamed at the lack of effort I gave sometimes.

My point to this diatribe is almost everyone has the opportunity to succeed here in the greatest nation on earth and if you don’t the person responsible is 99.9% of the time the one staring back at you in the mirror.
Well Said..

aaronc

12 pointer
Jul 21, 2009
Leitchfield
Sure the inner city is tough and you have to hoe a lot of tough grass out them rows to get out of it. I knew a few “rich” kids growing up who had it all handed to them. Some had success as adults while others not so much. I knew poor kids who’s folks didn’t have a pot to piss in. Some of them had great success in life while others weren’t worth killing. I knew middle class kids who had varying degrees of “easy” or “hard” growing up and they too either sank or swam. The one that really gets me is a little Vietnamese gal immigrant who came here with literally the clothes on her back and slaved away in a kitchen for crap wages several years paying back the family who sponsored her. She’s now an executive chef and restaurant owner with nothing given her. She makes me ashamed at the lack of effort I gave sometimes.

My point to this diatribe is almost everyone has the opportunity to succeed here in the greatest nation on earth and if you don’t the person responsible is 99.9% of the time the one staring back at you in the mirror.

This right here,..nothing to do with the good lord,...everything to do with work ethic. Plenty of sleeze balls out there doing well,..but they're not throwing rocks through buildings they don't own,...and they're working for what they got. Also if your gonna choose to live a thug lifestyle,......and yes it's a choice...,at some point in time your going to come into contact with the lawman...when that happens don't be surprised,...and shut up and get in the [email protected] car. If you get shot doing otherwise I don't care.

Last edited:

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My parents are perfect example. Two kids with $5 to their names and 9th grade educations retired with an impressive amount of net worth and investment income. From $5 to home paid off before they were 50. Neither ever made more than $55K. Cry me a damn river.

Well said. Mine didn’t retire with a lot of money but they manage because they live below their means. Simple folks, yet happy. Similar story, Dad was 20 and Mom was 16. Dad never went beyond 6th grade, mom got married after her Jr year and got her GED later. Not saying it was easy and with 4 kids mom really had to stretch a dollar. I can guarantee we wouldn’t have had $1000 cell phones unless all of our other needs were met. Guarantee 75% of our free lunch kids have a nicer phone than me. Some have nicer cars. It’s all about priorities.

Last edited:

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
To fix it you need Christ. If you had Christ there wouldn’t be single moms raising kids. Kids would be taught morals, the father would be working paying the bills. The kids would be respectful and get an education. Thus they would be productive adults. When they took Christ outta schools then what did you expect? Pagan schools produce pagan kids. Then you get what we have here now. Pagan society. It will only get worse.
Can't argue with that!

Timholt70

8 pointer
Oct 25, 2019
Christian county

yeap

Latest posts