BIG BLUE NATION. CATS CATS CATS

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyoutdoorsman, Mar 15, 2019.

1. oracle

oracle 6 pointer

May 25, 2009
    I realize Cal has an impressive record about every year etc. but if he were a better Tactical floor coach, UK would have quite a few more wins over the years and gone further at tournament time. IMO, he gets out coached a lot.

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

What are you smoking?

He is one of the best college coaches today. Year in year out, he takes FRESHMAN and turns them into tournament caliber teams, who make impressive runs.

It is retarded posts like this that give UK fans a bad rap.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  3. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    It's gonna take me a week to recover from the last few days lol. Nashville was fun but I'd rather came home with a Win. Hate to see em give up down the stretch like that. Not sure pj is cut out for big moments.
    Cats got a great bracket imo.

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    One thing I cannot understand. Antigua was a great assistant coach and could pull in some good players. Since he left UK has not pulled in as many good ones. He left UK for his own head coaching job and I can understand that but he's now an assistant coach at Ill. Why didn't UK get him back???? They all worked great putting these teams together.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m not so sure about this. Sure there’s not an Anthony Davis out there but I think UK has the best depth of talent right now. Duke has the best 1-5. I’m not gonna start a debate but I think UK doesn’t utilize what they have so well. I’m not a diehard and watch a lot of basketball so I’m just giving you analysis of what I see. Too many years of coaching has caused me to over analyze the game anyway. Plus, my coaching salary was peanuts for 20 years and they make millions so what do I know. All I can say is if I were to have to take Duke on I’d rather have UKs players than most of the others I see.

Bee likes this.
  6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Antigua and his brother committed some fairly serious violations. I doubt any major program will touch them for a while.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Right, I forgot about that.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You are correct and there were a few rumors around Lex too that luckily nothing came of it. I met him, seems nice enough, but probably wouldn’t Be the best idea to bring him back.

9. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    ^^^^ Next cast member of "Alone".

10. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "

Struggling South Florida (6-7) fires head coach Orlando Antigua

Jan 3, 2017

South Florida has fired men's basketball coach Orlando Antigua, whose program has struggled and is in the midst of an academic fraud investigation.

USF athletic director Mark Harlan sent a letter about Antigua's dismissal to supporters of the program on Tuesday morning.

"After a thorough and deliberate review of our men's basketball program, a decision has been made to make a head coaching change," Harlan wrote. "I met with Coach Antigua earlier today to inform him of this and to thank him for his service to USF. We wish Coach Antigua and his family the very best."

Harlan also said that Murry Bartow will serve as the interim coach.

ESPN reported last July that the South Florida program was being investigated for academic fraud. Shortly thereafter, Antigua's brother, OIiver, resigned from his position as an assistant coach.

Orlando Antigua came to South Florida after spending six seasons as an assistant for John Calipari at Memphis and Kentucky.

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
  12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Auburn was on fire from the 3 and Grant "the carp" Williams couldn't find anyone to flop against. It threw him off his game.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Ataulbe1, littlebear and EdLongshanks like this.
  13. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    They have KY the 5th best team to win it all with 15 to 1 odds. Behind duke Gonzaga north Carolina Virginia . Heard on the radio. Watch out for fake tickets

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I wish they would crack down on scalpers and fake tickets. It's really out of hand.