BIG BLUE NATION. CATS CATS CATS

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyoutdoorsman, Mar 15, 2019.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Uk led by 7 with like 3 minutes to go. Wtf?

Powerstro284 likes this.
  2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    When you are up by 7 with 3 min to go. And come back and loose 4 that's a 11 point spread that you gave up, am I saying this correctly. Not that I don't like the cats .it should have not happened. They gave up 2 shots that have up 6 points . And before the game. I said watch out for the flopping and winging . And that's exactly what happened .Williams beat us .the 2 big men was in his zone , he went right at them and got them in foul trouble . Tennessee is good .They beat us the last 2 times. If went meet up again .It will probably happen again, Tennessee is a top 5 team .We are right there, today and tonight and last week nobody has ky even a chance of being in the final four, 4 percent chance of winning it all

3. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Bottom line Tennessee wanted it more.

BUT, BUT, BUT THE REFS BEAT US... sadest excuse in college basketball.

drakeshooter and xbokilla like this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    When Washington got his second and had to set down in the first half I knew we were in trouble ever though we made a game of it by half time.

As for up by 7 with 3 minutes, those 3 minutes the Cats looked like they didn't know what they were doing while Tenn did. The whole game the Cats ran back and forth and playing well, staying right there with Tenn and pulling ahead. Hit those 3 minutes and all of a sudden they started to slow down at half court. When I saw that I jumped out of my chair yelling, "don't start burning the clock yet, don't start burning it yet". It's like they switched strategy right then and there. If they did in fact do that I blame the coach because he's the one that calls out the strategy.

RLWEBB likes this.
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I’m starting to think that Cal often gets out coached.

Munson, Carl and oracle like this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I think that's what happened in the last 3 minutes. Don't get me wrong. I love Cal, I love his record at UK but in some of the big games it seems like UK slowed to burn the clock too early. I've seen it happen enough and that was the reason I started yelling at the TV not to slow down. They were going all out, never stopped moving and then all of a sudden they slowed down at half court and slowed down. Had they kept going all out they might have won.

RLWEBB and oracle like this.
  7. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I don't see them doing much in the NCAA tournament. They are a half decent team after a season of improvement but very forgettable.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    He’s a great coach for UK. Charisma and can recruit like crazy but strategy he has always had some issues especially in tight situations. Either way, it’s more about Jimmy’s and Joe’s than Xs and Os and he can get the players. I was never a Cal guy even before he came to UK but I think he is probably the right coach for a place like KY.

9. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    The Cats are fine.

Which I watch a lot of basketball not just UK. I have no reservation in saying Tennessee is the most complete team going into the NCAA tournament. They have very little if any weaknesses... stacked with weapons on the floor & bench ...and 2 veterans that have an extremely high basketball IQ in crunch situations.

Are they beatable... no doubt.. just as Duke, Virginia, Gonzaga .. ect. Any given night .. couple mistakes, foul trouble and they go down. Heck Auburn could get them again today.

But as UK fans... we have to realize what caliber team Tennessee is this year. This is not the same Tennessee we’ve seen the last 40 years and no doubt better than last year .. which they were really good last year too.

Bottom line is UK is in the hunt with the Dukes & Tennessee’s. We play every game like we played yesterday minus the inconsistent whistles, iffy calls & foul trouble... we could be cutting down the nets. It’s the NCAA tournament we’re going into and who knows who will be standing in the end.

If we’re in the company of the top 4-5 teams... I’m happy.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  10. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I agree. IF they play like they can the Cats are OK. This game just might help them in the NCAA. I've also watch enough and I know UK is just as good and better than most.

But I'm still steamed about those last 3 minutes. Had they not let go and kept it up they would have made it.

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Ky definitely has the depth of talent to make a run and it’s wide open. I like Tennessee but they are not an enigma. If you have multiple post players like UK and use them effectively you will beat them. Now, I like TNs players a lot and think they play with a lot of heart. Seems like they got some guys that are just good dudes. Plus, they have some veterans and that makes a difference in a tight game. Getting a 2 seed and finishing a day earlier than a lot of teams may help UK in the long run. ACC got smart and now finishes their tourney on Saturday. That helps. Especially if you play on Thursday and have to travel for any distance.

12. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    It’s sure if tough sitting here getting ready to watch Auburn vs Tennessee. This place is loaded with orange today. Wish the cats was here today. Shoul be a good game

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’m not happy :mad: I still don’t understand how they managed to blow the game?

Nock likes this.
  14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Coaching really did have a lot to do with it. Not bashing Cal, just sayin. It happens. Tennessee definitely wanted it more and out toughed them down the stretch. I don’t have anything against Auburn but Go Vols! Like to see some of those guys get this. They deserve it.

oracle likes this.
  15. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    They started stalling at the 3 mintute mark up by 7, then it started to fall apart,. I just don't understand they had time outs use them. Don't let the composure get away from you, but if we were in that moment .We would have done the same thing. It's so easy for us to look at it on our stand point. But we can't judge .Could have been worse. I just wish we could have won and hour from Lexington like playing at home. Now projected to play in California