Biden in Delieverance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by littlebear, Dec 22, 2020.

1. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    My daughter sent this. Thought it was funny.
    F2F94736-33FD-4FEA-8A74-4799745F9E9B.jpeg

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Although I have still yet to watch that movie, I always find this clip excellent for the music and acting.

I have never seen it written, but my interpretation of the last few seconds has always been that he turns his head when hand is extended to shake, because the Lord's name was taken in vain. Such would be common then and even now for many mountain folk, an endearing quality to me. I simply find it difficult to imagine Mr. Biden possessing such morals. As a matter of fact, it would not surprise me at all, if he takes the Lord's name in vain quite frequently, unfortunately. That stated, I cannot bring myself to believe President Trump does any differently, unfortunately once again. I do not consider the "Deliverence kid" "creepy" at all, for that reason alone, whereas I cannot say the same for either Mr. Biden nor President Trump.

Feedman likes this.
  3. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    The movie that kept Yankee city people from invading and ruining Appalachia for over 4 decades.

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    If only such were true...

5. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I only see a few good ones around here.

6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    reivertom likes this.
  7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    His name was listed upon your county website, but it surprisingly did not go into much detail. I found this elsewhere causing greater curiosity about the lodge, and I intend upon acquiring that first book of poems now, while maybe even visiting the lodge. I have always liked fieldstone structures. Thank you.

"Lodging & Camping
    The 36-room fieldstone lodge at this resort is named in honor of Jesse Hilton Stuart (1906-1984), Poet Laureate and native of Greenup County. Peruse Stuart’s works and personal mementos in the lodge reading room. Most of the rooms feature private patios and balconies overlooking beautiful Greenbo Lake..."

https://parks.ky.gov/ashland/parks/historic/greenbo-lake-state-resort-park

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    If memory serves me correct, That scene actually happens an they incorporate it into the movie. It made the young man an his family wealthy

carnivore likes this.
  9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    That may have been the promo story, but I have read otherwise. He actually does not play banjo, and he was not playing that himself. It was another local hiding behind him with his arms around him playing that, so the story goes. Trick photography... magicians at work... He purportedly had a job washing dishes or something like that back home again not too long ago. I read some quotes from him, that he was not happy about how they made him look stupid as well as the area, via his perspective. You can find it all online. He was approached later for another movie part and was promised they would not portray him in a negative light. I think his net worth is reported somewhere around 50k.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  10. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Biden can't take a compliment , can he?

B.M. Barrelcooker and littlebear like this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
  12. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Can’t be related, the kid’s obviously much more intelligent and better looking too!

13. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
  14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Agreed. An interview of old with him. At the beginning, he reads a few verses from that book about your area and mentions his longing for return to his gun and hunting dog. He was in route home, when he wrote that part long ago.

15. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I heard once that he owned a restaurant somewhere. And he did Not have downs syndrome.

timer, Feedman and barney like this.