Best "trail" cam

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by kbjcatfish, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kbjcatfish

kbjcatfish Fawn

Nov 29, 2009
    I am looking to upgrade trail cameras for trails not bait stations. I was just wondering what everyones opinion was. Also include flash or IR.

2. littleindian

littleindian BBBC Members

Sep 16, 2003
    JAMESTOWN, KY, USA.
    The best is the Reconyx. It is fast and you will get photos on trails.

3. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    No question. Best I've used by a looooonnnnnggggg shot.

4. tnkyhunter

tnkyhunter Spike

Oct 9, 2009
    get acuddy back for hte money u cant get no better,extremely fast trigger u can set them up on trails and the batts last a long time even in cold wheather.

5. popeandyoung

popeandyoung 6 pointer

Oct 20, 2009
    in the stand!
    I have 8 bushnell trophy cams and love every one of them! Easy to use, great battery life, IR, and great picture quality!

6. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    DLC Covert. Great cams, great customer service. I use them on trails and scrapes in Illinois. They can be set for 3 quick shots, great for trails.

7. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

I would definitely get an infrared!! I am convinced the flash has kept me from getting buck pictures…

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2005
    Allen co. Ky.
    I'm really happy with my Coverts.

9. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    This question cant be answered until you decide what kind of money you want to spend...If you think ir cams wont spook SOME deer you r wrong. I have learned this the hard way. Reconyx and buckeye are the two best. Reconyx offers true invisible flash or "black flash" not sure if buckeye does or not. With tax you will pay bout 600 per cam for thr reconyx. My cudde and moultrie ir cams both light up when triggered they dont flash...the ir flash stays on for over 1 second to take the pic. My little bushnell ir really does flash....ir fires and goes out in the blink of an eye. I think this actually scares far fewer deer. With trails I would with high end cams. You get what you pay for.

10. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    I got a bushnell last year and liked it so much i got the new version now, its so small and does a great job. Dont think i want to even try any others.