Best time

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by mallardkiller, Sep 6, 2019.

1. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Whats a best funnest time you have had.......Mines me and my daughter on a very cold January morning 4 or 5 degrees in a boat duck hunting she was 10 or 11....we got there on lake 2 hours before daylight..got our decoys or and settled in the boat around the heater...i put the blind up to keep warm...we pulled out the old Coleman stove and a cast iron pan...i cook us sausage eggs and bacon in the boat...man was it so good..she said it was the best food she ever ate ever....she laid down in boat around the heater and curled up at my feet took her a nap....i listened to all the ducks quacking in the dark as snow started to drop.....well daylight came we where ready had probably 100 duck trying to sit on us....well she was new to duck hunting so i just called for her for a while...she started dropping ducks and i joined in 2 hours later we had our limit...So well turned to geese had a big group of 10 or so sit on us...we limited on them to...as the day still snowed and shotgun barrels were keeping us warm we gathered everything up and headed to the boat ramp....we got almost there and she says thanks dad for this ....its the best day ever and this is living and what life is about....She still tells everyone about that day...man im so lucky...Thank you Jesus for that day and for my family...

gung, barney, woodsman92 and 4 others like this.
  2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    barney, xbokilla, Nock and 2 others like this.
  3. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Me and momma waiting on a grandbaby ....people say its the most gracious feeling besides being saved...

Carl likes this.
  4. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Yes, I agree

mallardkiller likes this.
  5. Bill Nagle

Bill Nagle Fawn

Jun 25, 2019
    Menifee County, KY
    Being in the stand with both my sons when they took there first deer. Both boys dropped them where they were standing. Oldest was 10 youngest was 9

mallardkiller, Carl and xbokilla like this.
  6. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Fireman carrying my son up into a box blind to sit for and hour so at a time..

Killed a doe one day off the ground with him in my lap, I asked if he wanted me to kill it first.

7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    The day I stepped in the river and gave my life to Christ was a pretty good day as well.

8. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
    Was with both my sons for their first deer.Also with my grandson for his first deer.Great days.

Brody and mallardkiller like this.
  9. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    My kids being born , and watching them grow up in the woods and on the river and having them both hunting with me ever since seen em both kill their first deer , bear , and turkey and a lot of tree rats it’s awesome every year and never gets old

mallardkiller and Bill Nagle like this.
  10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Holding my baby girl at birth is definitely #1. Watching her kill her one and only turkey is #2