Best Quota hunt area

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jeffd34006, Aug 21, 2004.

1. jeffd34006

jeffd34006 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2003
    Lexington KY, USA.
    Any thoughts on the best quota hunt to put in for?

"A hunting license is a ticket to the ultimate health spa. It will cleanse the soul. It has never failed me." Ted Nugent

2. Steve Buckley

Steve Buckley Spike

Aug 21, 2004
    Prestonsburg, Ky, USA.
    Not Paintsville!!!!!!! They keep saying there is a monster there but believe me they are far and few between! I spent 3 weeks last yr scouting and only found good sign in one area. I set up there only to have 20 plus IDIOTS tracking around me all weekend! I'll bowhunt it but never again will I quota that place!

Hang em Hi

3. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    Ballard County WMA has been a good one for us the last 4 years. First year there me and my dad saw what we know was 200+ 12 point typical, he came within 25 yards but we had a doe tag.[:(] JUST MY LUCK.In one weekend of hunting we saw 52 deer in a 1 acre area we hunted and 35 of them were bucks.oh almost forgot 10 minutes after daylight a 150 class 10 point walked about 30 yards from us for about 15 minutes.Last year we got a 180+ typical 10 on video. its a great place to hunt if your lucky enough to draw a buck tag. Your chance of drawing a buck tag is 10% thats all they draw.

4. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    greenriver is a good one

5. Rob

Rob Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    Murray, KY, USA.
    Maybe it's just me, but I would rather spend my Quota Hunt at Ballard, knowing I would have the opportunity to see bucks like that, even if I only had a doe tag, than to go somewhere that I'd see either no or small bucks only.

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back...

6. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    talked to a warden at ballard one time he said he saw what he knows was a 260" non-typical. We went to scout about a week before the hunt and in one afternoon of riding through the wma a dusk we saw about 25 bucks that were p & y and probly about 12 that were B & C typicals and 5 that were 180" + nontypicals. Its a great place to go just to see deer like that.

Put me in the woods anytime