Best lakes in central Kentucky for catfish

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by DEERMD, Jun 8, 2014.

1. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    I have fell victim to the 'jugging craze' and I absolutely love it. I know it isn't looked upon as being a skilled hobby but I find it enjoyable and live eating catfish. Anyone have any suggestions where the best catfish lakes are? We have tried green river numerous times but where we go we aren't burning em up. We goto the smith ridge area and go up in the bakers branch cove. It's ok but I'd imagine there are better spots.

2. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Taylorsville used to be real hot about 5 years ago but so many people do it now and the population is down, thus the 15 fish limit. I used to catch 30-40 every time. Now it's about 8-10. When I first got into jugging, I loved it. But running 20 jugs by yourself non-stop started to feel like work. I caught 47 one time in 4 hours. I had 3 or 4 in the bottom of the boat with lines all tangled up and look up to see 3 or 4 jugs taking off or going under. Pretty fast-paced morning

3. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    That's amazing though, you hit the honey hole. Yeah I figured they would start throwing some more stricter restrictions towards jugging. I believe that it will get worse too. A few weeks when we were leaving the cove we were up in at GRL there were at least 2 different groups of juggers on the way out with jugs scattered everywhere. I know it has to be aggravating for fishermen to deal with but its a ton of fun and it is legal. hah