Best hunting show ever.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Monster01, Sep 20, 2018.

1. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    Kind of reminds me Wranglers campground at LBL. Seems like I remember a primitive camping area across the creek from the cabins and RV camping.

2. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    One thing I read in the comments section of one of their videos that I liked was their response when asked where they killed such and such bird. They replied by simply saying out of respect for the other folks that hunt those areas they wouldn’t name the place.

BowOnly likes this.
  3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I liked their interaction with the other local hunter Jordan who seemed to be a go getter that knew what he was doing.

They demonstrated that you cannot come to KY public land, park in the access lot, march in, and expect to kill a mature buck. Its not going to happen. In fact they had to get permission to shoot on private (while sitting on public) in order to kill a 2.5 year old buck. I suspect that OOS visitors to this site just cant believe it when they are told this.

4. iwuvhunting

iwuvhunting 6 pointer

Love everything about how these guys do their hunts/videos. They definitely know their stuff, and show you just about everything they encounter.

5. DaveO

DaveO 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Love those guys! Bunch of hard working blue collar boys gettin it done using poor boy ways. No redneck blinds, No OZONE machines, No Hot chicks pretending to like Hunting. Doing it for the same reasons we all started hunting. Because they love it!

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Just watched a bunch of their videos and they have my thumbs up, seem like some levelheaded people.
    I wouldn’t call them blue-collar poor boys(I know what you mean tho) they seem to have decent vehicles and fancy camera equipment but I like the fact that they rough it in a tent primitive style on their hurts and truly put sweat and blood into all there set up’s, No fancy hotel rooms and constantly pitching different equipment,

7. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I'm not questioning any of this or other comments, but think about this........if RAGE, Matthews and Ozonics offered these boys free equipment and guided hunts, don't you think they'd "sell out" and do exactly what the other "TV hunters" are doing ?? Otherwise why do you think they are doing the filming thing......most people are trying to get sponsorships so they can do what they love and make a living doing it.........I can't imagine these guys are any different (I say that without watching a minute of their videos, so I could be 100% wrong !! ). I have to believe (my opinion only) these videos are posted hoping to find sponsors. Once that happens, you promote the product or they dump you.

KYBOY likes this.
  8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    They can monetize YouTube by “likes,” “subscriptions,” and “views” can’t they? In essence, they could circumvent the entire traditional hunting show/outdoor network format.

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  9. kyhunter110

kyhunter110 8 pointer

Apr 6, 2006
    Lexington
    Yes exactly. There’s a group of guys that have YouTube channels that fish and they have made a killer living and following sticking with YouTube. I would imagine the hunting public is shooting for the same thing. They have a few sponsors I believe. Those Muddy stands and climbing sticks they use are not cheap. I know OnX Hunt is a sponsor, and I’m fairly certain muddy is a sponsor. They still use their episodes to educate and not pump their products though.

Thomas Roberts and EdLongshanks like this.
  10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Youtube changed some ways they money out videos a year or so ago. It takes advertisements etc played during the videos themselves and an insane amount of views and subscribers to make any real amount of money. It’s not as easy anymore. You don’t get paid by just likes and subscribers. You have to link to advert accounts. Then your subscribers have to watch the adverts for like 30 seconds before your paid. The average , if your viewers are doing this is about $1-$2 per 1000 views. That’s according to a YouTube article I read. Most make their money by patrion channels and monetizing their products by way of youtube and sponsorship

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  11. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    They hunted Peabody

Thomas Roberts and Probucktails like this.
  12. DaveO

DaveO 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I hope these boys do get sponsorship and eventually make good money doing it. They are doing an outstanding job with the resources they have. If their goal is to eventually make a living in the Hunting industry then they will have definitely earned it!

KYBOY likes this.
  13. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I agree they do a great job. Love watching them struggle though it. That’s real hunting... The main guy was on Midwest Whitetail’s shows for a while. I will have to say though that Chasing November is my absolute favorite. I can binge watch it over it over. Even though it’s a totally different part of the country, I like watching the progression from day to day and knowing how the deer there respond during different periods throughout the season. I’ll never have that much land or a redneck blind though... Its full of advertising, but still, I think they do a great job producing it.

DaveO likes this.
  14. Probucktails

Probucktails Fawn

Oct 9, 2016
    BG, ky
    I’ve used the same boat ramp beside the bridge. That’s what tipped me off on location. Great show

15. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    Yeah, figured that out a little later in the video.