Best Hunting Boots

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by ManofManyStangs, Jan 16, 2020.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I’ve got a pair of Rocky Mtn Stalkers I’ve had since 2012 and they still do great. Also have a pair of lacrosse alphaburly boots that have lasted just as long.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    My last alpha’s didn’t hold up worth a crap.

rabbit dawg and ManofManyStangs like this.
  3. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i dont know what a laminectomy is. is it close to a lobotomy, or electroshock? :eek: lobotomy or electroshock wont help me. ya gotta have something to work with first.. :)
    i did look this up [laminectomy], first i even heard of it.... i will do more research.. thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    bgkyarcher likes this.
  4. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Rocky used to be a good boot when they were still made in Nelsonville, Ohio. Not now though.

Dark Cloud and Munson like this.
  5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Haven't had any rockys in 15 yrs, the rocky boots I've owned, after several years the soles just disintegrate. Almost comical. rub your hand across the sole and it turned to dust.

6. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I like Irish Setter, Comfortable. :D

Brody likes this.
  7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I’ve heard several people make that complaint. But I’ve had these 8 years and going strong still. Bought them when I went on a mule deer hunt out in Wyoming.

8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Rocky went to crap when the company moved from Nelsonville, Ohio to an oriental location.

Carl and Dark Cloud like this.
  9. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had a pair of corn stalkers do that, also had a pair of brownings do it .

1wildcatfan likes this.
  10. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    Funny u mention this. Was in treestand this year and looked down and my toes were showing. By the time i got back to the truck later that morning it looked like I was wearing high top crocs. No more Rockys for me.

RLWEBB and 1wildcatfan like this.
  11. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    For the majority of hunting that I do now I use some version of lacrosse rubber boots. I don't do a ton of long walking up and down mountains any longer so they suit me best. I typically wear uninsulated all year long unless its brutally cold and I'm sitting all day. Just adjust with the type of sock I'm wearing. Heck I even rabbit hunt in them hence the reason I need a pair every few years I guess. Eventually ole green briar takes hold and don't let go.

ManofManyStangs likes this.
  12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I used to be a big fan of Rockys. But experiences with the last 2 pair I had was the same as everyone elses. I had some good luck with some Wolverine boots.

Most recently I bought a pair of Cabelas boots that were all leather. I like the fit and the comfort of them. But not sure what happened to them, but they got a heck of a lot heavier after using them. I feel like I'm wearing steel toed boots. Not a big deal, just more of an annoyance for the hunting I do. Because of that, I bought a pair of cheap, lightweight, boots from Academy this year to use when the temp is not so cold and I think I might move around more.

13. rum3002576

rum3002576 6 pointer

Dec 29, 2014
    Wayne County
  14. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    They had a big sale going, don't know if it's over or not, but check out their website!

I have a set of Schnees I love when it's cold, and for out west, but I have Alpha's for waterfowling, and an insulated pair of Irish Setters and an uninsulated pair for turkey season. Very light and comfortable.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    bondhu and RLWEBB like this.