Best caliber for Coyotes and Groundhog

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Big_Steve, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

2. LarryBooBooBrady

LarryBooBooBrady Spike

Dec 2, 2007
  3. r_gillespie

r_gillespie Fawn

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm holding a Ruger M77 MK II Target rifle chambered in .223. It's a hell of a gun, but I've yet to kill a 'yote with it. I just go into the whole coyote hunting thing.

4. xtreme1

xtreme1 Fawn

Dec 20, 2007
    Alright guys, first off I just want to say I am new to the sight and am not here to argue any point. But there is a right gun for every situation, and most differ from one guy to the next. I am not a big coyote HUNTER, I am trying to get rid of them so with that being said it depends on where I am. If you have a lot of open area ie. 250 yds. + the 22-250 hands down, 100 to 250-300 .223 will get it done. If you are shooting off the back porch at the chicken coop a 12 guage w/00 will do the trick. Like I said this is just my .02 cents, I shoot them all so I dont think there is a right gun to do it all. Anyway good luck, lay it on them and get it done.

5. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky
    22-250............ easy answer........ if you want another good one and you like to reload, go for the 22br