Best Bow Target???

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by easternkyhunter, Nov 17, 2020.

1. easternkyhunter

easternkyhunter 6 pointer

Nov 5, 2009
    breathitt county
    I know that I may be looking for a unicorn, BUT is there a target out there that will hold up to both a bow and crossbow shooting field points and occasional broadheads?

2. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Any bag target for field points. A Block for broadheads.
    I don't know of a decent target to handle both.

NOCAMST likes this.
  3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I have to recommend the Rinehart 18-1. Most durable target I've ever used. Since you say "occasional" broadheads, I think you'd be fine. I have never shot a crossbow bolt into it, but assume it would be fine. Fantastic target !!

4. flyingnectar

flyingnectar 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2014
    Metcalfe County
    I have had a outdoor morell range bag for 10 years and they are great change the cover to upkeep. Yes it stops my crossbow ok. As for broad heads a block broad head target is needed.

as for a do it all target I have had deer targets that work for both .

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    We have a target rated for crossguns, works well with xgun, verticle bow, field tips, broadheads.

6. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Rinehart is the one for me. The block is pretty good also but ave had the insert come out of the arrow on the block and had to cut the broad head out to retrieve it.

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’ve said this on other threads, I don’t know about the best but I bought a Rhinehart last Summer and it’s the toughest darn target I’ve ever seen. I’m near 300lbs and have to stand on it sometimes to pull my arrow out. Bought an arrow puller, doesn’t help at all. Now it’s actually easier to pull broadheads than field points. It’s a nice target but dang! Mines the Block 16x16x13. Only target I’ve ever put any significant money into and heck, I’d say it’ll be around after I’m gone!

8. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    Rinehart 18 in 1 handles both field tips and broad heads. Out lasts any target I have ever owned. By far the best archery target out there worth every penny.