Best All Terrain Tire?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by predator1, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Best all terrain tires I've had on any vehicle.

BigBenny likes this.
  2. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I have had Mastercratft courser AT3 and Cooper AT3. Both was good tires but the problem I had was using them on the farm and gravel roads .
    When they were new they were ok but after half tread or less we would find gravel that punched through. Sometimes we find the gravel still stuck through the tire.
    A few months ago I needed a new set of tires and could not afford Cooper or Mastercraft. I was checking my local Wal-Mart and they had some cheap Dextero all terrain DAT1 tires , these were 10 PLY . I could only afford two tires so I just bought two and they said they had more coming. I paid $105 per tire out the door and I had my brother put them on at his shop. I bought the other two tires a month later.
    I have had these tires in mud and snow . They (in my opinion) have out done the Cooper or Mastercraft tires. They went really well in mud and extremely well in the snow. They are 10 ply and do ride a lot rougher that the litter tires did.

carnivore and TripleGee like this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    My vote is and will probably always be Toyo tires.

jblack1 likes this.
  4. If you like loud tires that sound like a heavy metal band they’re great tires lol. I managed a tire and auto store in Hoptown 15 years ago and Toyos were our signature brand. Crazy how many complaints I got about them roaring down the road, constant and steady, every model. Dang good tires though as far as tread wear and warranty — the company stands behind their tires 100% — and I did notice Toyo customers were loyal to the brand.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I run 12.5x35x22 RT’s (in between an all terrain and a mud tire) on my truck and they are not loud at all. True story.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    jblack1 and drakeshooter like this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

What kind of truck? Just wondering.

7. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Crew cab silverado, 1/2 ton.

8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    As long as they are safe (traction wise) id almost rather have a cheap tire for 2 years than try to get 3-5 years out of a high dollar tire having to rotate them. Ive picked up a bunch of nails and screws over the years and typically have a plug or two in my tires. Finding a good quality cheap tire is gold!

9. Nexen is an excellent discount tire brand, cost close to half name brand tires and they make high performance as well as SUV passenger and AT. Their Roadian is what I run on my SUV.

10. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I love my nitto ridge grapplers
    Nitto is what gonna be on my truck from here on out.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Capttrae likes this.
  11. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    My driving consists of about 75% highway and 25% off road ... maybe 15,000 miles in a year average in the last 10 years.
    Have tried several different brands and price ranges in an AT tire over the years but once any of them get worn down, it seems like they all slip in the mud but I don't want a M/S tire because I obviously don't need one that often.

Soooo ... I just bought a new set and relied on my local dealer to put me on the right path ... he recommended the Americus Rugged A/T as a reasonably priced tire with better than average traction in the slippery stuff. Mounted, balanced, tax, title, license and insurance: $668.00 with a 1 year replacement warranty for defects and/or road hazard up to 25% tread wear.

So far (about a thousand miles) I'm well pleased, just went through the storm with all the snow and packed roads with NO problem and they handle the mud as well as any that I remember. AND ... they are as quiet as any A/T I've ever driven. They are so quiet that I thought maybe he'd only put about 20 pounds of air in them so I checked after a few days and they all had 34 pounds. Haven't had them long enough to say anything other than so far, I'm well pleased. I don't expect them to last 5 years but neither did any of the high priced ones either. We'll see.

drakeshooter and predator1 like this.
  12. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I'm not a tire snob. I need tires to keep me from getting stuck. Don't laugh.....I currently run Primewell Valera ATs. They were cheaper than any other tire I found and are the most aggressive AT I found. They are a little loud (road noise) but I have no complaints. Exactly what I was looking for. Pushing 40k on them now. Will likely replace with same.

13. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Keep’em coming. Seeing some tires I hadn’t heard of. That Americus is a pretty good looking tire.

14. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I've been running General Grabber A/TX on my Tundra! Had a 2 sets of AT2's on my F350. All 3 sets have been very good tires!

predator1 likes this.